Smell in Refrigerator

My Frigidaire is approximately 3 years old and I have the most horrible smell inside the fridge. It actually smells like a dead carcass. I looked underneath in the drip pan and it looks like sludge. I cannot get the pan out. I poured bleach in there but the smell is still there. Any suggestions?

By Jen from Ogden, UT

Best Answer

Well, you've GOT to get the drip pan out somehow. Maybe a neighbor husband or somebody could help. Until you get that empty and clean it's going to continue to smell.

It sounds like you've got a lot of good suggestions to try but I have one more. A refrigerator repairman said that if you take several tubes of plain white Crest toothpaste and squeeze the toothpaste on big sheets of cardboard it will take the smell away. It has to be plain white Crest toothpaste. I would love to hear which one of all these suggestion works!

Woman with disgusted face by refrigerator
Removing Odors from a Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 7, 2009
RV kitchen
Cleaning Odors From a Travel Trailer Refrigerator
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Photo of a woman holding her nose in front of her refrigerator.
Removing Spoiled Food Odors from Refrigerator