We all make preparations for winter. Depending on where we live it can be a little or a lot. What preparations do you make for winter.
Even though here in western WV our winters have been rather mild in recent years, there are still some preparations I take.
1. Lay in a supply of ice melt for the sidewalks.
2. Be sure the pantry is well stocked, including some bottled water.
3. Monitor the weather reports so as not to have to drive in bad weather to pick up the weekly fresh foods. Zipping out ahead of a storm is far easier.
4. Porch screened windows are covered in heavy but clear plastic.
5. Have the furnace checked for safe operation.
6. Have fresh batteries on hand for flashlights.
7. Change the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
8. Apply flexible/removeable caulking rope to any windows that leak cold air.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!