Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Super Glue

How can I remove nail glue from glass?

Ashley from London

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By JULS [5]06/11/2009

I don't know whether it was super glue or gorilla glue, but I had a lot of it in little splotches on my white island counter top. It's been there for at least two years, I've tried majic erasers w/ no luck. Today I decided to do an internet search and found this page, got out my acetone nail polish remover and a very fine steel wool pad(for refinishing wood), and my magic eraser. The trick was to soak either a cotton ball or majic eraser and the steel wool w/ the acetone nail polish remover, and rub rub rub, and then rub some more and then some more. aLow and behold the spots are gone! YAY! Thank you so much for helping me resolve this issue, I looked like a bad housekeeper w/ food stuck to my counter top! But no more! I love the internet!

By Sala (Guest Post)02/18/2009

Help please. How to remove Super Glue from black jacket.

By david (Guest Post)02/17/2009

How do you remove super glue from a plastic surface I.E dishwasher control panel?

By Ben (Guest Post)01/10/2009

I didn't really think ahead and fixed a kids toy puzzle with super glue and set it on the granite countertops. Well, it seeped out and stuck the puzzle to the countertop. I was left with a strip of cardboard and super glue. Thank you for suggesting nail polish remover and Magic Eraser! We made sure to wipe it with a wet paper towel to go behind it so we wouldn't get a dull spot. Fingernails also helped. It worked and my wife won't kill me now. Yes, I am 34 years old and still create these situations! Next time I will fix it in the garage.

By Jamie (Guest Post)12/05/2008

I got it on my countertops and I don't want my parents to find, how do i get it off FAST? I tried nail polish remover and NOTHING help me!

By Stuart. (Guest Post)11/22/2008

Hurray for the Internet. (Isn't it great that we can share tips like this all round the world!)
Hurray for the person who first suggested nail-polish remover. I've recovered my £300 glasses!

By yoooo (Guest Post)11/19/2008

I have these sandals and it has these patterns on it and I want to remove it and I tried ripping it off and it doesn't work how can I get it off?

By CC (Guest Post)10/31/2008

My roommate decided to use super glue to detail her costume and got glue all over my 100 dollar glass table. I was so mad, but I used nail polish remover with a cotton ball at first and it didn't really work. Then I used and SOS pad and lightly rubbed it and it came right off with out any scratches. I was so relieved.

By assem (Guest Post)10/28/2008

Please help me find way to remove glue from my bowling ball, without affecting the surface. Thank you

By Gina (Guest Post)10/27/2008

I just removed some superglue from our granite countertops with a razor blade like one you'd use to removed paint from windows. I just gently scraped it off and it lifted right up.

By Phillip Snyder (Guest Post)10/03/2008

My children got superglue on my granite countertops. I tried acetone nothing, I tried magic erasure and nothing. I put acetone on my magic erasure and it came off like nothing! Perfect combo for superglue.

By Joann (Guest Post)09/29/2008

Any ideas on what to use to get crazy glue off a counter top?

By jw (Guest Post)09/21/2008

Nail polish remover DID NOT work on getting the SG off my lenses. Now does anyone have the real answer, or it's $350 eyeglassess? Thanks jw

By amy (Guest Post)09/14/2008

Thanks tupretty25 I will try that, cause I've been on the computer for hours long trying to find something to get this glue out of my hair from these braids to keep from cutting my hair.

By jim h (Guest Post)09/12/2008

I got superglue on my glasses. I took the advise to try magic eraser and It worked great. Thank you very much!

By Eric Smith (Guest Post)09/01/2008

Try egg white its always worked for me. I'm a carpenter and am forever getting superglue on my hands its just the job!

By Joy (Guest Post)07/31/2008

Thanks tupretty25 for the advice. I recently got micro braids and realized that my real hair got glued. Now I don't have to panic.

By Chi Town (Guest Post)07/29/2008

Thank you tupretty25 the acetone worked. I wished I tried it before I cut two of my braids out. At least I saved the rest of my hair!

By Debbie (Guest Post)07/29/2008

After trying all sorts of products to remove superglue from my windscreen following an unsucessful attempt to reattach my rearview mirror. Nail polish remover worked a charm......less than a minute and all of it was gone.

Great tip

By Caroline (Guest Post)07/25/2008

Had superglue stuck to my windscreen and really needed to get it off. Tried alcohol did not work. Nail varnish remover worked really well. All glue is removed. Thanks for the tip.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Super Glue

How do I remove super glue off of glass? Thanks
- Eva

RE: Removing Super Glue

Try using nail polish remover (for your hands) its worked a couple times for me. (07/26/2005)

By

RE: Removing Super Glue

I found it effective with a scrubber and forceful rubbing. result assured. (loss of skin, gain of pain extra) (09/24/2005)

By pesimist

RE: Removing Super Glue

Super glue can be removed with acetone. The best household source of this is usually nail polish remover. However, be sure to check the bottle as some are not acetone based. Adding a little nail polish remover to a cotton bud is usually the safest way to get the job done. Do not apply to sensitive areas such as lips. (03/18/2007)

By Robin H

RE: Removing Super Glue

I tried nail polish, it didn't work. I have super glue on my glasses, and I cant see a thing without my glass. (b)Editor's Note:(/b) I'm assuming you are saying nail polish remover. There is also a super glue solvent that is sold at most places where super glue is sold. You could try that. (04/12/2007)

By Loraine

RE: Removing Super Glue

Acetone Acetone, will remove super glue I am a witness to that. This women who did not know what she was doing put it all over my hair instead of my braids but anyways acetone works for sure. The thing is you have to keep working it in with your hand or a cotton ball. I preferred my hands it worked quicker so try that for sure. You can get it at sally's beauty supply store, they carry pure acetone. keep posting these blogs becuase it saved my hair so I'm just passing it on. (07/10/2007)

By tupretty25

RE: Removing Super Glue

I tried nail polish remover, but no luck at all. perhaps it didn't have enough acetone content, but nevertheless I tried my favorite trick: Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Guess what - IT WORKED! it takes some elbow grease, you do have to rub for quite a while, but the result is: all of the super glue came off. Don't get discouraged if after 20 seconds of rubbing at one spot doesn't show much result, keep doing it, it WILL come off, and no scratches - I did it on my mirror. Good luck! (08/24/2007)

By Diamond

RE: Removing Super Glue

I just used nail polish remover on my lenses, & it worked great! Just make sure to remove the lenses first. Acetone WILL discolor your frames. (01/31/2008)

By Damon

RE: Removing Super Glue

Try WD40. Don't get it in your eyes or swallow it. (03/08/2008)

By andy

RE: Removing Super Glue

I had super glue on my transition glasses, bought some nailer polish remover - did not work. Tried some Magic Eraser, and after rubbing for a few minutes, every bit was gone. Be patient and keep rubbing - it will work. (04/10/2008)

By Willard