Dice Whole Canned Tomatoes For Recipes

Cans of whole tomatoes and whole plum tomatoes were on sale at a store I went to recently. Not diced, stewed, or crushed, just whole. Given the price, I bought quite a few. Wouldn't you know it, every recipe I wanted to try called for diced.

Simple solution. Once I opened the can, I took my kitchen scissors and attacked the tomatoes. Cut them all down to size, so to speak. It worked great.

By sooz from Toronto, ON

A way my family enjoys whole canned tomatoes is to just put the can in the fridge until real cold and serve in individual bowls for a side dish-this is particularly good with beans and cornbread!

Finding knorr chicken boullion cubes today for 4 packages for $1.00, I noted that the main ingredient is salt, however, smashing them into powder with a rolling pin, and labeling makes it so that when I go to use the powder I have far more control over it. Not being one to let a great bargain go, I picked up plenty for both me and for my neighbor!

One lady seeing them said oh, I prefer to use the powder as I just add a pinch of this etc. and was going to leave them! I told her, just mash them into powder with your rolling pin! She said oh, excellent idea! (Be sure to increase the amount of water folks! To prevent kidney stones from forming!) This is the reason so much excessive salt is used in processed foods!

If you have a stick/immersion blender, use it on the tomatoes. You can use it to make diced tomatoes or like I do, straight into juice. I would much rather have the juice instead of the lumps of tomatoes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesSeptember 29, 2010
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Cooking with Tomatoes
Cooking with Tomatoes
🎉
🎄