Be "Thrifty" with Your Germs

It's not so much what you wash your hands with so much as how you wash them. You should always wash your hands in warm water. Lather up with soap for at least 10 - 15 seconds, cleaning between your fingers, under your nails, and up and over your wrists. Then rinse, and dry with a clean towel. Make this procedure a "must" in your house this winter and keep cold and flu germs at bay.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Something else to think about - so many people don't seem to think THEY have germs to spread. I suggest thinking about this in reverse - you want to wash off all the other people's germs you've picked up. Doorknobs, faucets, handrails, keyboards, ATM's etc. are loaded. And don't rely so much on antibacterial soaps! Your body won't know what to do when it does run into a germ or abad bacteria if it never has to.

Good advice. I think keeping clean hands does help a lot and if I can't get to soap & water I use hand sanitizer....just remember to keep out of the reach of children. It contains a lot of alcohol and if they would drink it, they could get very sick.

PLEASE cover your mouth when coughing. People sneezing

in grocery stores make me want to scream some forget to

turn away and sneeze directly onto produce. I know we cannot control sneeze just try to think of others too.

This is my pet peeve and drives me nuts.

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 24, 2007
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Office Illness
Tips for Avoiding Office Illnesses
Woman Blowing Her Nose
Preventing the Spread of Germs