Pet Food Additions

Save that juice from canned meats (such as tuna) and pour it over your pet's dry food, they will love you forever. I save it in the refrigerator and only add a tablespoon at a time. Once in a great while, I "accidentally" drop some of the meat in the juice. Yes, I have happy pets. If you have a picky pet, this will encourage them to eat.

Also if you have a little bit of vegetables, rice, or meat left, run it through a blender or mince it. Simmer it in a small amount of water for a couple of minutes and pour a tablespoon of this over their dry food.

In the summer, freeze this combination in ice cube trays for a cold treat. Make sure to run them under water before giving it to them so it doesn't stick to their tongue.

I keep a ice cube tray in the freezer and drop scrapings of meat and such into the cubes. Then when it gets almost full, I fill with broth, water, or left over soup for that special treat also.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

What a great idea. My kitties thank you. God Bless.

Excellent! :-)

I was warned by a Vet that the amount of mercury in tuna and tuna juice can be very dangerous for animals.

dog eating food
Healthy Additions to Your Pet's Food
Pets FoodFebruary 25, 2010
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Pet Food in Bowl
Buying Pet Food
Stainless steel pet food dishes.
Pet Food Dish Ideas