Browsing: Uses for Potato Masher

Uses for Potato Masher

I use a potato masher to mash hard cooked eggs, avocados for guacamole, butter that is still to hard to use for baking cookies.

By Linda

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I use mine when I brown up hamburger and mixing spice into the browned hamburger.

Mashed up mixed carrot and swede is lovely. You can cook them in the same pan too - cut up the swede into small cubes and slice the carrots. Add butter and black pepper, mash well - yumm.

This also makes a unique design on the tops of cookies. Using spatulas, potato mashers, etc. give a different look rather than just a fork criss-crossed.

I have been known to use mine as a washing "dolly"....saves a great deal of work! (when the machine has broken down)....still trying to get around the spin dry process, the salad spinner doesnt do the job!

Another great idea; I make a lot of pastry to store in my freezer so will definitely try the potato masher for mixing tog. Also you could try using it for sieving icing sugar over sponge cakes for a different pattern. Many thanks for your ideas Helen

Potato Masher
Uses for Potato Masher
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 26, 2004
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:54:26 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.