Photo Scavenger Hunt

contest winner icon

For an cheap birthday party for pre-teen or any older child, have a scavenger hunt at the mall. Make a list of odd thing such as Alyssa's Dad's favorite cologne or a mannequin with red shoes. Each group of children and an adult must have a digital camera and take a picture of what they found. The group with the most items win.

As a treat, eat pizza at the mall. You can compare pictures and no clean up. Most stores are willing to go along so are a lot of customers and the kids have a great time. We did this with a small group and the kids had a great time.

By Marilyn from Lewisburg, TN

Oh, that is SUCH a great idea. For young adults it's great too. I'm going to suggest this to my college age son. They have mall gift certificates now that you can use in any store in the mall. I might buy him a small one to give as the prize to the winner. Actually, it will be a birthday gift to him from me but he'll have so much fun too that it really doesn't matter who wins. Thanks for sharing this.

Thank god! My birthdays next Sunday and I've been searching for something cheap to do. I'm turning 15 and this will be perfect!

This is fun to do on a campout also!

Scavenger Hunt Map
Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayAugust 28, 2007
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts