Choosing the Flower Color for Bridesmaids Bouquets

My bridesmaids are wearing wine, what color flowers will go with that?

By Jen from OH

Pink goes well with wine/burgandy. You could also use white or ivory. See if you can find a color wheel that tells you different ways of choosing what colors go well with another color.

Discuss colors with your floral designer. There are carnations in a burgundy and white, or all burgundy, some lilies and some orchids in those colors. When I was a designer we usally consulted with brides to figure out both color scheme and cost as some flowers are way more expensive than others. Also, some flowers can be spray-dyed to your exact color choice. If possible bring a swatch or color sample with you. Ribbon to tie or accent bouquets comes in a rainbow of choices as well.

White flowers would be Really pretty, a nice navy blue goes with wine red, also a really pretty moss green! My friend had royal blue as her color, us bridesmaids had white roses, and she had wine colored roses, that was really pretty! So white roses (or other flower) with royal blue and wine colored ribbons would be a nice combination. :)

Celadon green goes beautifully!

As a silk flower wedding designer all of the options provided below would work well. Keep in mind the time of year and the level of formality you would like.

For example if you are looking for something a little more modern and playful you might opt for the bright (celadon green) and a light wine/fuchsia color. But if you want something more romantic then I would suggest pairing the wine with white/ivory and pink or the deep blue.

Or if you want a more fall feel I would pair the wine with deep rust, garnet red, and either a pop of bright green or orange.

So much of the color choice will depend on the overall wedding look you would like to create. Contact me if you would like more help. Congratulation and happy planning!

Almost any color can be beautiful with wine, Make certain the wine is a deep shade though. And please stay away from navy and white with wine because many times it turns out like red white and blue. If you are not careful it will look like a political fund raiser.

You do not need to match the wine color in the bouquets. try complimentary colors and I suggest fresh flowers. They are less expensive and really make an occasion special. Follow your taste and make the wedding your own. I have been a florist for 45 years and have done weddings almost every weekend during that time.

Thanks Everyone! I'm now thinking I am going to go with a soft pink and white flower. All of my girls are wearing Wine. This has been really hard for me, choosing the accent colors and my wedding is only 3 months away!

What time of year is the wedding? If you are having fresh flowers, some of your choices will be determined by what is in season. If you are having silks, then this is not an issue. Always remember this: don't go with the same color as the dresses, or in the pictures, the colors will blend right in and you won't be able to see the bouquets. Have you considered stargazer lilies? Google it and see what you think. They are amazing and have outstanding fragrance. How about little bundles of lily of the valley? Dendrobium orchids are also a great choice.

These lillie's stamens can stain dresses badly and also many people are allergic to their fragrance. Do be careful

Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Weddings BridesmaidJanuary 17, 2011
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
glass vase with rock candy flowers in chocolate covered raisins
Making a Rock Candy Flower Bouquet
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
🎉
🎄