Recently with all the rain and dampness in San Diego, I just noticed black mold and mice feces on my leaky enclosed back porch. I am at my wits end, as I cannot afford to have my house tented, and I have a 2 yr old dog that follows me out there. It's got 1975 indoor-outdoor carpeting which is a wreck.
Is there any solutions I can use out there to get rid of the mold and make it a hostile environment for mice?
Hearts1 from San Diego
I don't know about the mice but I know about the mold because our climate is very damp and we have this problem a lot. Undiluted white vinegar will get rid of it. You can use it with a paint roller for large areas or on a sponge in hard to reach places. Once you get mold it tends to come back but you can do this as often as needed.
Take the carpet out, you can the clean the wood below much easier with disinfectants and such.
To get rid of mold make a mixture of one part bleach and two parts water and paint or spray the mixture on the mold. If it is mold it will disappear in a few minutes. Toss the carpet and you can buy mouse traps at Wal Mart that trap the mouse and you won't see the critter.I would not use pesticides like D-Con because your dog could eat the stuff.Also wear eye protection when using the bleach mixture. Vent the porch to prevent the mold from coming back.
Make a mixture of one part bleach and two parts water and paint or spray the bleach mixture on the mold. If the black is mold it will disappear in minutes. Toss the carpet. You can buy mouse traps at Wal Mart that trap the mouse but you won't have to see it. I would not use pesticides such as D-Con because your dog could eat the stuff. Also wear eye protection when using the bleach. Vent the pouch to prevent mold.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!