Browsing: Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring

Yellow Stains Around Heater Vents on Linoleum Floor

We bought the trailer that we live in from a couple that we know and I did not notice this before we bought it. There is a yellowish stain around the vents on the linoleum floor (kitchen and bathrooms). I have tried everything that I know of to try and get this up. As far as I know there are no leaks or anything because my husband and my father-in-law made checked before we moved in. I am wondering what this is? Did it happen when we moved the trailer to another location? And PLEASE how do I get it up? I need some major help, I hate it on my floors. If you have any suggestions please post it or email it to me at eescott182002 (at) yahoo (dot) com . Thank you very much and I sure hope somebody has some ideas!

Erricka

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Could it be wax build-up? That's what I get around my heating vents. I use a scraper and scrape it off.

Every so often, I strip my floor and re-wax.

An easy way to see if it is wax buildup is to just take a little amonia mixed with water, just in a small paper cup, about half and half. Dab some on the yellowed area and wait a couple of minutes. It it turns sticky and comes up, then it is wax. If nothing happens,it could be heat damage and you will save scraping it and possibly damaging already brittle tile. If you are lucky and it is wax, you can use amonia/water, about 1 pt ammonia to 3 pt water to strip just the small area and save yourself a ton of work.

I got oven cleaner on my linoluem HELP it won't come out!!!

Linoleum that has been covered will "amber". Expose it to light and it will recover with no problem.

What a rotten thing to remove. Tried absolutely everything in the cleaning closet. At last a solution. Mix oxyclean powder into a thick paste to scrub away the oven cleaner. It takes a lot of elbow grease but does remove it.

It's non removable it is heat damage. Time to redo lino. Not very hard to do and cheap. Dont even glue down new just silicone around the edges. Hey good to to change the look.

I have this in my dining room area and to tell you the truth, around vents this is the kind of damage that can occur. It's best to leave area's like this with a hardwood flooring, because that way you don't see the damage like you do with lino.

Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 27, 2004
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Hand wearing pink glove scrubbing white vinyl floor with blue sponge.  Black bucket with green cloth in the background
Cleaning Mold on Vinyl Flooring
Nail polish spilled on the floor.
Cleaning Nail Polish Stains on Linoleum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 9:13:47 PM on 10.0.1.197 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.