Store More With Freezer Bags

Tonight I needed to store some bean soup in the freezer, but since I was short of space, I filled baggies with the soup and was able to put a lot more in the freezer that way. This works especially if you have a soup that is thick so it does not leak out the edges of the baggie.

By Jbent from Akron, Ohio

I do the same thing. Only I write on the front of the bags what the contents is before filling them.

I also do the same thing, but make sure the contents are cool before you add them to the bag. I had a soup that was not cool when I added it to the bag and the seam/edge popped and I had a nice little mess to clean up. I am not sure if it was the hot liquid or the bag integrity, but I do not want to repeat the experiment to find out!

I also feeze tomato sauce (canned) in freezer bags if I only need a small amount and have a big can of it. I do the same thing with canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I only want ONE to flavor my chili so I just break one off the hunk in the baggie and pop the rest back in the freezer. I use bags FAR more often than I do anything else for freezing.

Food and Recipes Freezing SoupJuly 28, 2009
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎄