Decoupaging a Formica Countertop

Can you decoupage over Formica countertops?

Judi from Florida

I don't see why not - but you would have to put polyurethene or something similar on to seal it & make it waterproof.

I would get a piece of formica and experiment before you do anything to the countertops.

The designer Christopher Lowell did this once, I think he has a decorating book you can get from the library, I think he painted it to look like marble. I think you could decoupage it. You would have to first sand it to rough it up a bit first, and then use a good food grade polyurethane on it.

Is it space you use everyday?

It would take a ton of polyurethene to keep it safe and presentable, and you will have to redo the poly once a year to keep it up, as it will wear down with daily use. An epoxy would be absolute best.

Remember now, with both options there is no turning back! You wont be seeing that original formica countertop ever again so be ready to have to replace it when you tire of it! :) Good luck!!!""

Decoupaging Pictures on Formica
Crafts DecoupageNovember 17, 2008
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Man repairing kitchen countertops.
Repairing Bubbles in Formica Countertop
🎉
🎄