Organizing for the Holidays

I would love to have help in cleaning and organizing my home for the holidays. I would like to have it the feng shui way. I have two kids and it hard to get things done. I am sending a picture of my two kids.

Jessica Chattopadhyay from Norwood, Ohio

Hi Jessica,

Though not totally feng shui, I recommend that you check out flylady.net The lady who runs the website uses the feng shui principles for decluttering. She has tips for getting ready for the holidays as well as keeping your house organized and clean all year long. I've been using it for 4 years now and recommend it to everybody.

There is an online plan that has been around a long time that I've done for many years now. It's called the Holiday Grand Plan or HGP.

http://holidaygrandplan.com/

It's an 18 week plan that usually starts the last Sunday in August. Each week has a focus on a different room in the house from a cleaning perspective as well as holiday related "assignments". You start with the Front Porch and work your way through the house from there.

An alternative to the HGP is the HHP or House and Holiday Plan. Also 18 weeks long it has a slightly different approach on the order of areas you work your way through when cleaning, decluttering, etc. You start with getting paperwork under control and then go from there!

http://christma  se-holidays-plan

For those that don't want such a long plan there is also the Christmas Countdown - which is only 6 weeks long and focuses on holiday prep vs. whole house cleaning.

Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationDecember 7, 2005
Volunteers accepting food donations.
Charitable Giving Ideas for the Holidays
Holiday Tableware
Saving Money on Holiday Tableware
Family Enjoying The Holidays
Enjoying the Holidays
Christmas star poinsettia
Aftercare for Holiday Plants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:43:08 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.