Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

How do I clean a clogged fabric softener dispenser that is in my washing machine?

By Janet from Pittsburgh, PA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Angie02/12/2011

Mine gets like that and I have to pull the drawer right out of the machine. Have you done that or are you trying to clean it when it's in?

By April [170]02/12/2011

Is it the removal type that sits on top of the agitator? If so, I would remove it and soak it in hot vinegar. If it doesn't come off, I would pour hot vinegar in it until it is clean.

Here are questions related to How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser.

Question: Unclogging a Fabric Softener Dispenser

How do I unclog the fabric softener dispenser on my Frigidaire Affinity washing machine?

By Shirl

Most Recent Answer

By Michawn [16]08/31/2011

There was a similar question asked here, and it's the same answer I would have given. Vinegar. Warm some up in the microwave, put in the dispenser, let sit, then do a load of towels, use the vinegar instead of softener (shouldn't use softener on towels anyway, it cuts down on their soaking ability) and should be clean!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

I need to know how to unclog the fabric softener dispenser in a front load washing machine.

Diane from N. Hartland, VT

RE: How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

Try using vinegar and baking soda or denture tablets in bit of water. (10/31/2007)

By ceealice

Hot water and vinegar run through it. (11/01/2007)

By michawnpita

Heat vinegar in the microwave to get hot, then use it full strength. (11/02/2007)

By NanPeg