How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

How do I clean a clogged fabric softener dispenser that is in my washing machine?

By Janet from Pittsburgh, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Is it the removal type that sits on top of the agitator? If so, I would remove it and soak it in hot vinegar. If it doesn't come off, I would pour hot vinegar in it until it is clean.

Mine gets like that and I have to pull the drawer right out of the machine. Have you done that or are you trying to clean it when it's in?

Answer

How do I unclog the fabric softener dispenser on my Frigidaire Affinity washing machine?

By Shirl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There was a similar question asked here, and it's the same answer I would have given. Vinegar. Warm some up in the microwave, put in the dispenser, let sit, then do a load of towels, use the vinegar instead of softener (shouldn't use softener on towels anyway, it cuts down on their soaking ability) and should be clean!

I need to know how to unclog the fabric softener dispenser in a front load washing machine.

Diane from N. Hartland, VT

How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

Try using vinegar and baking soda or denture tablets in bit of water. (10/31/2007)

By ceealice

How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

Hot water and vinegar run through it. (11/01/2007)

By michawnpita

How to Unclog Fabric Softener Dispenser

Heat vinegar in the microwave to get hot, then use it full strength. (11/02/2007)

By NanPeg

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 12, 2011
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 9:25:23 PM on 10.0.0.87 in 514 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.