Preserving Pimentos

I would like to preserve pimentos. How do I do that?

Dirk from Bredasdorp, South Africa

Pimento is a pepper, red, sweet and heart shaped that can be grown in the garden. When it is used for olives, it has the pickling.

You may be able to grow it better there in South Africa, have access to varieties we don't get where I am from (MINNESOTA--LAND OF THE COLD).

ALso, by googling pimento, different parts of the world use this in reference to other things. One was ALLSPICE.

Try goggling perserving pimentos. I found a couple versions of canning it to use.

We half or quarter the pimentos. Boil until tender and the skin can be peeled away. Do not use too great amount of water. You aren't wanting to weaken the flavor. Dice ( or cut to your usage needs) and freeze. Baby bottle bags work great.

Food and Recipes CanningOctober 14, 2008
Freezing Peas, Frozen Peas
Flash Freezing at Home
Collard Greens
Preserving Collard Greens
Pimentos, Cherry Peppers
Recipes Using Pimentos
Preserving Fresh Chives
Preserving Fresh Chives
🎄