Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

How Long Does Spaghetti Sauce Keep Once Opened?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Once a jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce has been opened, how long will it keep in the refrigerator?

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By GraNita (Guest Post) 04/20/2006 Flag

Good question... I have found many a jar of sauce or salsa growing pretty green fuzz in my fridge at the shore... a light just came on over my head,,, from now on I'll pour the rest of the jar into a container or freezer bag and freeze till I need it again... Anita from NJ

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judith Muelling 37 04/20/2006 Flag

Put the cover back on it and put it in the freezer. It'll last a long time frozen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 04/20/2006 Flag

It wasn't recently opened so I don't want to freeze it until I know how long it'll keep in the fridge. Good idea for next time, though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vic (Guest Post) 04/21/2006 Flag

I have frequently called the manufacturer & from the code on the jar they can tell you. Also if you do a search on the internet you can find many lists of things & how long to keep them on the shelf & in the fridge. I have a couple I keep handy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 04/21/2006 Flag

I keep things for a week and then out it goes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By TrailBlazer (Guest Post) 05/05/2006 Flag

Usually spagetti sauce will keep a week in the fridge. When I have extra spagetti sauce, I put it into indiviual serving containers and freeze. They are easy to thaw out and can be ready for a snack, a quick lunch or if extra guests come over we have plenty of spagetti sauce for everyone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jay (Guest Post) 12/12/2008 Flag

Not long. If you keep it more than two days you could very likely develop salmonella poisoning. This happened to me and the Dr. told me it was directly related to the sauce, only 2 days after opening.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes