Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Long Does Spaghetti Sauce Keep Once Opened?

Once a jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce has been opened, how long will it keep in the refrigerator?

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Jay (Guest Post)12/12/2008

Not long. If you keep it more than two days you could very likely develop salmonella poisoning. This happened to me and the Dr. told me it was directly related to the sauce, only 2 days after opening.

By TrailBlazer (Guest Post)05/05/2006

Usually spagetti sauce will keep a week in the fridge. When I have extra spagetti sauce, I put it into indiviual serving containers and freeze. They are easy to thaw out and can be ready for a snack, a quick lunch or if extra guests come over we have plenty of spagetti sauce for everyone.

By TrailBlazer (Guest Post)05/05/2006

By (Guest Post)04/21/2006

I keep things for a week and then out it goes.

By Vic (Guest Post)04/21/2006

I have frequently called the manufacturer & from the code on the jar they can tell you. Also if you do a search on the internet you can find many lists of things & how long to keep them on the shelf & in the fridge. I have a couple I keep handy.

By Maryeileen [76]04/20/2006

It wasn't recently opened so I don't want to freeze it until I know how long it'll keep in the fridge. Good idea for next time, though.

By Judith Muelling04/20/2006

Put the cover back on it and put it in the freezer. It'll last a long time frozen.

By GraNita (Guest Post)04/20/2006

Good question... I have found many a jar of sauce or salsa growing pretty green fuzz in my fridge at the shore... a light just came on over my head,,, from now on I'll pour the rest of the jar into a container or freezer bag and freeze till I need it again... Anita from NJ