How Long Does Spaghetti Sauce Keep Once Opened?

Once a jar of tomato/spaghetti sauce has been opened, how long will it keep in the refrigerator?

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Good question... I have found many a jar of sauce or salsa growing pretty green fuzz in my fridge at the shore... a light just came on over my head,,, from now on I'll pour the rest of the jar into a container or freezer bag and freeze till I need it again... Anita from NJ

Put the cover back on it and put it in the freezer. It'll last a long time frozen.

It wasn't recently opened so I don't want to freeze it until I know how long it'll keep in the fridge. Good idea for next time, though.

I have frequently called the manufacturer & from the code on the jar they can tell you. Also if you do a search on the internet you can find many lists of things & how long to keep them on the shelf & in the fridge. I have a couple I keep handy.

I keep things for a week and then out it goes.

Usually spagetti sauce will keep a week in the fridge. When I have extra spagetti sauce, I put it into indiviual serving containers and freeze. They are easy to thaw out and can be ready for a snack, a quick lunch or if extra guests come over we have plenty of spagetti sauce for everyone.

Not long. If you keep it more than two days you could very likely develop salmonella poisoning. This happened to me and the Dr. told me it was directly related to the sauce, only 2 days after opening.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Food and Recipes StorageApril 20, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
Information about Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 5:05:51 PM on 10.0.2.203 in 957 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.