Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Unfortunately it is not uncommon to get Sharpie marks on your leather couch. This is a guide about cleaning permanent (Sharpie) marker from a leather couch.

Here are questions related to Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture.

Question: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

How can I get Sharpie permanent marker off my cream leather sofa?

By Becky from Norfolk, Great Britain

Best Answers

By Brandy Stubblefield10/11/2010

So, I finally found the cure to the silver Sharpie on the black leather sectional. It's called Leather CPR and you can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond for $12. You simply apply it with a clean sponge. I did have to scrub it with the coarse side "lightly" where the marker was. However, to do the entire 7 seat sectional, it took me about 45 min. to condition it. So not only did I get the marker out, but the couches look brand new! And unlike the other postings, I have posted the before picture (in the blog below this one) and an after picture here. I hope this has helped.

But word of advice before trying anything on your furniture, you should ALWAYS try it on a small piece of the couch, like the bottom or somewhere you wouldn't notice if it messes it up.

Leather CPR

Best Answers

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel12/30/2003

Try a little nail polish remover on a Q-Tip in a place that won't be too noticeable. If it seems to be working, try it some more. The biggest risk is that it will also take off the leather dye.

I've also heard that Goo Gone and Ditto Fluid work.
Susan

Question: Permanent Marker on White Leather Furniture

I got permanent marker on my new white leather chairs! There are two small dots around 1 cm x 1 cm. I tried cleaning them with detergent straight away and they've faded. I've tried hairspray as well. My parents are going to kill me. Please help!

Katie

Most Recent Answer

By Lon03/24/2010

Use washing powder and dr pepper it worked for me in 2 mins of scrubbing with dish cloth.

Question: HELP! Permanent Marker on Leather Couch

My daughter recently marked on my friend's leather couch with a Sharpie permanent marker! How in the world can I get that out? Please help.

Barbara

Most Recent Answer

By Lynn02/26/2011

My kids had Sharpie marked a friend on a sleep over and it had gone onto my 15 month old ivory leather settee. I looked through this website and spray sunsceen seemed most popular to remove the stain. I tried Banana Boat spray factor 50 and it came off straight away. It really works. What a relief:) You have to use a spray (I tried a cream first and it didn't do much).

Solutions: Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

My 18 month old daughter recently got a hold of a brown sharpie permanent marker. She wrote all over our new Italian leather couch.

How do I remove marker from a leather couch?

By agpoon from Wichita, KS

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Shaving cream, without menthol. I've used it on old saddles, ball gloves, and belts. It's simply wonderful. If the leather is old and stiff put it on, let set over night, then add some fresh while rubbing it all off. Feels like new. (08/14/2009)

By pjcustar

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Lighter fluid will remove markers. I have used it on leather shoes and clothes. Keep FLAMES AWAY TILL DRY. Put some on a paper towel and blot the marker off. (08/14/2009)

By rosbucs

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

The Casite Company has a line of QuickWorks products; that is only available online; but they have a leather cleaning product that works pretty well for these stains. I've also heard that they are working on a new product called Ink Gone or something like that; designed specifically to remove Sharpie/permanent marker, it's supposed to be available by the end of October. They also have a Satisfaction Guarantee. Which in these situations is really helpful. (10/02/2009)

By zwendyjo

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

I have had a dark brown leather (untreated) living room set for just under a week and my daughter got at the Chesterfield with a dark blue Sharpie. After reading many posts on this forum I decided to try Off Kids Skintastic bug spray. After trying it on the bottom of the couch I was satisfied that it would not ruin the leather. Immediately after spraying it on the effected area I could see the difference. The color started to wash away easily. For larger marks I had to spray twice, but it all came off. It's amazing, I can't even tell it was there.

Before you try any home remedies, always test in an inconspicuous area. You never know what could happen. Most things can be washed out even though it says permanent. (11/04/2009)

By Xyko

I was watching my boyfriend's two kids and they got green coloring permanent marker on his brother's beige leather couch cushions. I'd like to help remove the stain. What will remove it safely?

By Carla from Grants Pass, OR

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

I had to post this for you all because a day after getting a new white Italian leather sofa my 2 yr old decided to take bright pink permanent marker and add some "color". I was in shock, but I found an awesome cleaner in my search to get it out, Goop. It worked like a charm and even gets permanent marker off wood, linoleum, certain paint, and best of all - fabrics! :) (10/01/2010)

By Nichette

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

My son got a hold of a silver Sharpie and got it all over our black leather sectional. I've tried it all. The nail polish remover, sunscreen, lighter fluid, Magic Eraser, and body sprays all stripped the leather. (Thankfully, I tried it on a small spot on the bottom, back underside of the couch.) As for the wipes, hand sanitizer (both alcohol and alcohol-free), Oxi-clean, and green spray had "no" results. It didn't even fade the metallic marker. I am in desperate need of advice. If anyone knows any secrets, please help. Again, it's not just in one spot, it's all over. (10/11/2010)

By Brandy

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

So, I finally found the cure to the silver Sharpie on the black leather sectional! It's called Leather CPR and you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $12. You simply apply it with a clean sponge. I did have to scrub it with the coarse side "lightly" where the marker was. However, to do the entire 7 seat sectional, it took me about 45 min. to condition it. So not only did I get the marker out, but the couches look brand new! And unlike the other postings, I have posted the before picture (in the blog below this one) and an after picture here. I hope this has helped.

But word of advice before trying anything on your furniture, you should "always" try it on a small piece of the couch, like the bottom or somewhere you wouldn't notice if it messes it up. (10/11/2010)

By Brandy

RE: Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch

Archive: HELP! Permanent Marker on Leather Couch

My daughter recently marked on my friends leather couch with a sharpie permanent marker! How in the world can I get that out? Please help!