Christmas Tea Party Tips

Category Christmas
Christmas Tea Party
Whether you are looking for new ideas for your traditional party or hosting your first Christmas tea party, you can always use some helpful tips. This is a guide about Christmas tea party tips.

At a recent family party, I treated the children with a "tea party" with hot chocolate and donut holes.

I decorated a four foot long table with a decorative Christmas tablecloth; the centerpiece was a donut hole tree constructed from a styrofoam cone covered in parchment paper and the donut holes were secured with toothpicks, to fill in the extra spaces on the donut hole tree, strawberries were placed to fill in the gaps.

The donut hole tree was placed on a silver snowflake tray that had candy sprinkles on the bottom; the donut hole tree bottom was lined with chocolate covered strawberries.

Decorations also included Christmas teapots filled with water. An electric tea kettle was filled with water to prepare the hot chocolate for the children (the hot tea kettle was placed at the back of the table to prevent burns to the children); the electric tea kettle was surrounded by Christmas decoration.

I used sturdy Christmas paper cups which were lined up behind snowman cups of chocolate spoons (plastic spoons dipped in melted chocolate almond bark and allowed to dry) and peppermint sticks dipped in chocolate almond bark.

I had chairs arranged in a circle in front of the Christmas Hot Chocolate Tea Party table for the children to enjoy their hot chocolate and donut holes.

This "tea party" was such a whimsical treat for the little girls in our family and will be a special memory for me.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Prepare a pot of tea* using 6-8 tea bags; allow to steep 5-8 minutes. Add honey or sugar to taste (optional). Pour brewed tea into a pot; add 1/4 cup of red hots candies; simmer until red hot candies are melted (use more or less red hots to taste. Serve in a festive Christmas tea pot.

Serve warm with a candy cane or cinnamon stick as a stirrer. Serve tea with hot gingerbread or pumpkin roll.

*Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice Holiday Herb Tea

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Here are some easy ideas for a Christmas time tea party. Serve hot spiced teas (Celestial Seasonings have some great ones), cucumber sandwiches are traditional tea party fare but take it one step further for Christmas and try some of these easy sandwiches...

All tea party food should be kept bite sized. Try pumpkin bread with honey nut cream cheese, or zucchini bread with cream cheese and orange marmalade mixed in. White bread with thin deli turkey with apricot preserves or Dijon mustard. Cream cheese with a little blue cheese mixed in with roast beef on party rye bread. Vegetable cream cheese on onion roll cut into small pieces.

For sweets you can have small squares of fudge and divinity decorated with the small Christmas ornaments that they sell to decorate a small tree. Fancy decorated cookies go well here too. But they can be as simple as sugar cookies with some sprinkles on top.

Decorate your table with a small wreath in the center you, don't want anything to tall as you want your guest to be able to see each other when talking. The center of the wreath is a great place to put those special Christmas figurines you have, Or short candles and pine cones. Place mats can be made with Christmas cards sandwiched between to pieces of clear contact paper and edged with those special paper scissors. Place a special tree ornament next to each settings as a remembrance of your party for your guest to take home. Have a great time!

By Debra in CO

I'm doing my very first christmas tea party for a small group, does anyone have ideas on how to decorate a table? I would like this to be special. Thanks for any help.

Mary from Michigan

Best Answer

I love tea parties and have given several of them. For Christmas, I went to my local thrift shop and found both red and green tablecloths which I layered. I sprinkled some red artificial poinsettias around on my cloth and bought a few "silver" serving pieces very cheaply. I especially like a three tiered piece I got for about two dollars. Look for tea cups and dishes in red, green, or white and mix and match if you can't find enough. I have two different sets that work well together because the colors are compatible. I also like to mix my courses from savory to sweet and back to savory served with different flavored teas. The guests love the variety.

Now you've inspired me to start planning my next Christmas tea. Have fun with yours! Pat

Best Answer

I have a few ideas that you might like. 1: buy a small christmas tree for the center place and decorate it with tea cups, spoons and fans at the end of the party everyone can take home a item from the tree. 2: fold napkins into elgant fans and tie with a bow and sprig of rosemary or pine. 3: tie jingle bells to tea cups and tea pot handles for a christmas flair. 4: make jam cookies with Noel written on them with icing or little holly patterns.

Good luck!

Best Answer

I've started a yearly Christmas tea at a former church and am looking into starting one at my church now. I've decorated and seen many decorated tables. The first tea I did at church we has 167 women in attendance. All the tables were different.

My favorite was what I called a 'winter wonderland'. I bought a plain royal blue piece of fabric and made a table cloth for a rectangle table setting 8. I made a wreath for the center. Buy a white foam wreath, cover with white boa. Insert white plastic snow flakes. Buy white Styrofoam balls and cover with snow (bought in spray can) and add to wreath.

Buy silver beads on a string and lay and swirl on tablecloth. buy a low bowl to float candle in and place inside wreath center piece. Use white dishes and clear water goblets or if you can get an etched winter scene on the goblets that's great.

Another idea; use a green table cloth, Christmas dishes and candles are always beautiful. I've done a snowman theme using $ store snowmen to decorate my table and gave them to my guests as gifts upon departure.

A gingerbread theme, Christmas color plaid tablecloth, gingerbread cookies and gingerbread pins as gifts to guests. Go shopping and have fun! Cheryl