Poochie (Rottweiler)

This is Poochie, who arrived with his name. He's sometimes known as "Pucci Paw VaRotti" (because he can out-sing any wolf or coyote with his tenor voice). I usually just call him "Poo". He is six. His cat, Eyak, was nine weeks old in this picture. Poo is a Rottweiler. Believe it, or not. He was given to me by a friend of a co-worker, to "fill the hole" after my wonderful yellow Lab, Sloan, died tragically from laryngeal paralysis shortly after his eleventh birthday.

Poo mostly likes to sleep--on the bed, of course. Sometimes he plays "Mop the Floor" with Eyak. Eyak is a year old now and still gets to be the mop. Poochie came from a nice litter of Rotties, but he's odd-looking with great long legs and a long, pointy face. His mama tried to cull him by crushing his skull when he was only days old. He survived her bite, but did suffer nerve damage. His left eye is blind, and there's no feeling on that side of his face. All of his left-side teeth fell out as they grew in, and he can't control his tongue, which hangs out "all" the time. He drools. He licks, to "find" things he can't see. Drinking and eating are both big, messy productions. Cats--even feral ones--just "love" him and he licks them, in return. He's the smartest, funniest, kindest companion dog I've ever owned. It's a shame that he can't be cloned.

By Judy O from Yakima, WA

From the way you described Poo, I wish he could be cloned! I wonder why czts love him so much, tho? My cat just tolerates my 4 dogs, and they tolerate her. I would say that the day you got Poo was a very lucky day for you - and for him! Give him a big hug and kiss for me. Thanks for sharing Poo with us and God bless you

Judy, dear, I feel the same way about Mowgli, my mini daschie. I bred him myself, and he's a little gentleman, the only dog I've ever known who waits until the human goes through the door first.

He has the most wonderful body smile when he's running towards me.

He's only ever snapped at a human once in all his six years, and that's because the 12yo teased him unmercifully. He was very apologetic about it afterwards.

He rarely gets cross with other dogs, and then it's usually because they keep stepping on him or rolling him over (he is a miniature, after all).

His coat smells fantastic and he's a great watch midget for our dd and a terrific ratter. He's obedient and loves snoozing on my bed with me, resting his neck on my arm. Pity about the snoring!

Love him to pieces!

Dt Me.

Poor baby! Makes you wonder what that pooch's mama was thinking. Bless you for giving him a loving home.

What a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hi, such a heart warming story. I'll bet the cats are able to sense his special qualities.

Poochie is a BEAUTIFUL dog...both inside and out! I just want to give him a big hug. What a loving friend he is.

Rottweiler
Rottweiler Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsJune 22, 2008
Guide
Dog and Cat Together
Photos of Dogs and Cats Together
🎉
🎄