Training a Dog to Detect Seizures

I know that there are professional trainers on here, but I was wondering, could you train a family dog (6 years old in June and a great nose) to smell out an oncoming seizure? My one year old son has been on medication for seizures for six months, and had his first cluster a few nights ago.

The problem is our dog usually sleeps in our room, not the boys' room. He is a Husky/hound/Shephard, very devoted to our one and four year olds. What organization would I need to contact to get more information? Thank you! I'll post pics later of Charlie the Dog, with his boys!

camo_angels from Willamina, OR

I would try two things. First, I would try contacting the American Kennel Club to see if there is anything that they can do to assist you. The other thing I would do would be to go online and, in your search bar, type in "seizure dogs" or "assistance dogs." Good luck!

epilepsy monitoring
Living With Epilepsy
Pets Dogs Training AdviceMarch 7, 2006
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Photo of a mistreated Pit Bull.
Training a Dog That Was Abused
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog