Paper Bag Gingerbread House
Have fun with the kids making faux gingerbread houses.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 2 paper bags
- shredded paper
- pipe cleaners
- buttons, poms, poms or any misc. tidbits you have
- First open lunch bag and fill with stuffing, paper, or shredded paper. I used my shredded waste paper. Fold top over like if you had a lunch in it.
- Staple the fold down on each end.
- Take second lunch bag leave unopened.
- Cut off the fold so that the bottom part is off.
- Glue over the other bag so it resembles a roof.
- Now let you imagination go wild. Use any scraps, buttons, felt, poms poms, anything you have to decorate the bag to look like a gingerbread house. There is no wrong way to decorate it and the kids all do it differently. I did, however, make my kid add a chenille stick coming from the chimney to look like smoke. We had limited supplies so they used markers to decorate. Adults can do a more polished version, but the kids love it and it's a lot cheaper than wasting all the food as we have never eaten a real gingerbread house.
By Hobbyist from MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 8:57:08 AM on 10.0.0.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us