Desi (Long Haired Tabby)

Desi is a 9 month old long hair tabby. Our old 20 year old cat had recently passed away, several months later, we found a man that was giving kittens away. We decided to get one from him (Reno). About a week later we decided to call him again to get the sibling. He told me he had already given them away, but the momma cat needed a home because he couldn't afford any cats. I couldn't say no to that request and we got the mom too.

A couple of weeks later, we noticed momma cat was getting fatter and fatter and fatter, we thought maybe she was gaining weight because she finally had a sure meal, three times a day, every day. Four months after we got momma cat (Ginger), she gave birth to 3 beautiful kittens: Chevy, Desi, and Kaya (2 boys, 1 girl). At that point, we realized that momma cat was not fat because she finally had a home!

In any case, we placed Chevy and Kaya in a good home (they both live together) and I kept my sweet Desi. At home we now have Reno (the first one we got), Ginger (momma cat), and my sweet Desi; the biggest cat I have seen, huge paws, huge body, huge heart, he's the sweetest hairy baby I have ever met. He's adorable!

Desi likes to eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, etc. He loves to sleep in our comfortable, desk chair belly up, on the carpet against a wall (also belly up). or right in the middle of my bed (he things he's the king). It's really funny to watch him. He likes to play with his older sibling, Reno. They chase each other and wrestle. He is very curious, he loves jumping on top of the refrigerator to watch everything and everyone around him without being noticed. He also likes to chase flying bugs. Did I mention he loves to eat and sleep?

I love my hairy, fluffy, sweet Desi. In this image, he's asleep in our desk chair belly up. I took the picture from the side of the chair, he looks like a baby.

By sterlingsilver from Forney, Texas

Anonymous

Love the article, love his routine and him!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Desi is very comfortable in 'his' chair. Not many cats will lay with their bellies up, he must be very content and feel very safe.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Such a sweet photo and lovely story! My Rachel also loves to sleep belly up and it is indeed cute and comforting to know how they must feel so comfortable to do that isn't it :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Desi is gorgeous! I'll bet the others are too. What a wonderful little fur family you have. Loved your story of how you got them.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I wish I could hug him. I had to put my cat to sleep due to old age. His name was sweetie boy. He loved my little bird and as this picture shows, my little bird slept on his back. I had never seen such love between bird and cat. I miss them both, my bird, Loopie, passed away shortly after also from old age.

grami Fran

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Desi looks like he is just waiting for some belly rubbing! He is cute and the family sounds great. How fun for Desi.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You know the world is a whole lot better place with people like you and your husband in it. Thank you for taking in these babies. Desi is so beautiful and absolutely the most laid back kitty anyone could want. Good luck with all. I know they will bring you years of joy and pay you back ten fold.

Reply Like this photo? Yes