Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Repairing Leather Seats

Can Leather car seats be repaired?

By rodster from Attica, MI

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Repairing Leather Seats

I am about to trade my car in and have an imprint on one of my leather seats from some item that melted ink on it. I believe it was a plastic item that the ink printing imprinted black numbers on my front seat from being in the sun. Does anyone know how to get the stain off?

Also, I have small tears or scratch marks on my leather seats from my dog. Does anyone know if those leather repair kits from Walmart actually work? Or will it cause more damage to my seats if I use it?

Thanks.
Jen

RE: Repairing Leather Seats

You should use only automotive leather repair or refinishing products on automotive leather. Automotive leather is finished with different technology than what you can find in retail situations. Guardsman Products has partnered with an automotive tannery and they have leather colors, kits, and cleaners that will serve you well. (11/21/2008)

By Sue

RE: Repairing Leather Seats