Repairing Cat Scratches on a Leather Sofa

My cat has put some scratches on my leather sofa. Does anyone know how to cover these marks? Thanks.

By brenjean from Brampton, On

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I used a dark paste shoe polish on my dark brown furniture. Worked good.

I looked at this and other websites to find a fast and inexpensive way to fix the little nicks and small tears on our black leather sofa. I didn't want my husband to see the damage our new kitten had done and was really worried that he'd notice right off the bat. I looked in our drawers in our house and found a black non permanent marker. In most small cases, your kitten or whatever, has scratched your leather just enough where you can see the small flap and a little bit of white, which is the backside of the leather.

If you take a small non perm. marker and slightly dot the white marks, and under the little flaps and wait about 1 minute. After letting air dry take a moist towel, napkin, whatever, and swipe it across the area 2 times. Trust me it works just fine. if you are a little worried, try a spot on the bottom back side you your leather and compare the result. This was fast easy and cheap. Also, its been weeks and my husband still hasn't said a word, that alone is proof. Good luck.

Answer

Cat laying on leather couch with claws extended toward camera
Repairing Cat Scratches on Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasApril 7, 2009
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
End of a leather sofa with a lapton on seat.
Cleaning a Leather Sofa
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 23, 2016 at 8:10:50 AM on 10.0.0.59 in 232 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.