Making Textured Candles

Has anyone ever heard of "whipped candles"? When I was 14, my friend's mom used to use a large mixture to make these "textured" candles. She would sell them to make money for the holidays. I remember them like it was last week. Except I don't remember how she got it so "textured". Any info would be great! Thanks

Patti from Plainville, CT

She let the candle wax cool just a little bit and used an old fashioned egg beater the hand crank type not your electric mixer to beat it up. Then depending on your candle you can dip it in the whipped wax or spoon it on top for the foam on the top of a beer candle or the foam from a root beer float. Hope this helps.

I use a hand held electric mixer to whip the wax. Use an old one though, because you won't be able to use the mixer for anything but wax after this. Just whip until it gets frothy and spread it onto the candle with a butter knife or the back of a spoon. I made a beautiful unity candle for my sister using this method. I'm going to ask her to send me a picture of it if she can.

Sandy from Pittsburgh

Making Candles
Making Candles
Crafts Candle MakingNovember 20, 2006
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Reusing Candle Wax
Making Candles from Old Candle Wax
view of finished candle out of the mold
Making Coffee Bean Candles