Selling a Doll Collection

I have a variety of porcelain dolls, from babies to Shirley Temple and would like to know how I would go about selling them? They all have authenticity and numbers on them.

By Mary from Brookline, MA

Porcelain baby doll.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I agree with an archived post made by MisMachado:

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is. MisMachado (10/16/2010)

Easy. Post them on eBay.

Answer

How do I find a buyer for my mother's dolls? Some are old royal family dolls such as Diana and Charles wedding dolls. She also has some old presidents, and more.

By Pearl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check e-bays "completed sales" for similar dolls. You'll learn what the doll sold for, how long it took to sell, and lots of other valuable info. There is also a doll museum in Brunswick, GA. You could google it and check with them. Sorry, I can't remember the name!

Read More Answers...

Where can I go to sell collectible dolls other than eBay?

By Edna from NY

Selling a Doll Collection

You can try Craig's List. (10/14/2010)

By RealtorRose

Selling a Doll Collection

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but
are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is.

MisMachado (10/16/2010)

By MisMachado

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have almost 100 porcelain dolls I need to sell. I used to store them in my attic and had the few I really cherished on display in my house. I downgraded to a smaller house and have no room to store them. I am still keeping the ones I really cherish on display, but need to sell the others.

I did the research on what they are worth and they range from $45.00 to over $100 depending on the doll. Many are Ashton Drake. I tried eBay, but they did not get to the reserve so they did not sell. I listed many with the reserve to be almost $10 under the value.
Thanks in advance.

By Melissa from Uncasville, CT

Selling a Doll Collection

Have you tried Craig's List? I have bought a few things off there. You might want to Google dolls or doll collectors. Perhaps there is a buyer lurking on the net. Set up a Paypal account and don't ship till the money goes in. (07/24/2010)

By MartyD

Selling a Doll Collection

Sorry to say, but just regular porcelain dolls do not sell for very much, if at all. They may sell better in October or early November. eBay is the best selling place, but some things do very well on Craigslist.
Sometimes Craigslist depends on where you live as people want to see the item locally.

Good luck. (07/29/2010)

By cybergrannie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I want to sell my dolls. I have a big selection. Included are Leonardo and Knightsbridge dolls. Any suggestions?

By Tracey J from west Midlands

Selling a Doll Collection

Check your dolls out on eBay. If anyone has any of them listed, you'll get a good idea how much the dolls are worth. Dolls are a great item on eBay, too. Consider quality, condition, demand, age, and do your homework. You'll learn a lot.

You'll be charged a listing fee (sometimes it's free and you'll often be able to add as many as 12 pictures of each doll, and that also might be free. When (and if) your doll is sold, you'll be charged a Final Value Fee based on how much it sells for.

If you are paid through PayPal (which is the safest), you'll be charged a fee by PayPal, but it's safe and usually very fast, so you're able to ship your doll right away. You'll have to be willing to pack and ship in a timely fashion and sometimes that can take up a lot of time.

It sounds a lot more involved and difficult than it really is. To get started, just contact the sales department of eBay, and someone will be happy to help you. They have people trained to guide you through every aspect of buying or selling on eBay.

Good Luck to you.

Pookarina (06/15/2010)

By Songwritter

Selling a Doll Collection

Collections such as yours are getting harder and harder to get rid of, let alone make much of a profit. Because of the advancing age of the collectors, they are looking to "down size" and the younger people just aren't interested. They do not have sentimental ties to such items and are the generation of wanting "new". (06/17/2010)

By Zuster56

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a large collection of dolls: Effanbee, Barbie, and other collections. I would like to sell them. I also have a Michael Jackson, Princess Diana, her flower girl, and Fergie, to mention a few. Can anyone give me some advice for the best method for selling them?

By Pucci from GA

Selling a Doll Collection

I'm sorry to say that doll collections, etc. are only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for them. Place a free ad on Craigslist, or try selling the collection on eBay.

And if you still don't have any luck in selling them, donate them to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and get a tax deducible receipt for income tax purposes. (02/01/2010)

By MCW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have close to 250+ dolls, some from late 1950's to 1980's. I have some Barbies. When my grandmother passed away they were left to me.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Porcelain Doll
Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection
Consumer Advice Collectibles ToysDecember 17, 2010
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
Stamp Collection
Selling a Stamp Collection
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 7:13:43 AM on 10.0.2.36 in 866 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.