Spot Cleaner for Carpet

I have relatively new light colored carpet that still looks like new in most places. What is a good product to use to just spot clean without cleaning the whole carpet? I have Simple Green, but I am afraid it is too harsh.

Thanks,
Sandy from Kenner, LA

I USE REALLY HOT WATER TO SPOT CLEAN.. IT WORKS, BUT IT DEPENDS WHAT KIND OF STAIN IT IS! IF ITS JUST DIRTY, TRY HOT WATER

I've had really good luck with a product called Spot Shot on carpet stains. Even takes out old set-in stains. Best of the carpet products I've tried.

Spot Shot is a miracle product. I highly recommend it. Walmart and Sam's Club carry it.

The best cleaner is baby shampoo. Even the cheap dollar store brand works. Just put a drop or two on a damp washcloth and rub in, then dab dry. Will clean even old,old spots that steam cleaners couldn't clean.

I use a face cloth, and a bowl with luke warm water. Wet the face cloth, then wring it out, and gentley rub the spot. Once the spot is removed, gentley dry the spot with a clean, dry face cloth. (I say face cloth, but anything that is terry-toweling I think works very well on spot cleaning carpets this way) This should be enough to remove light to moderate carpet stains. Good Luck

If you have a remnant or hidden spot in a closet, try this first, just in case, but I have never had a problem with using it on all kinds of stains including candle wax. The product is Spot Shot. It has been in an aerosol can for years, and has recently come out in a spray bottle which goes further and is cheaper. Just spray the stain, rub with a clean cloth or brush and let dry. Vacuum later. I couldn't believe how it disintegrated the candle wax and I just vacuumed it up the next mornng.

I was told by the guys who laid our new carpet last year to use a product called Folex. You can get it at Home Depot and it works great! Even old stains come out. And it's pretty cheap, considering you only have to use a small amount on the spot.

I just had my carpets cleaned today and the man said to ONLY use 1 part ammonia to 8 parts water on stains. Otherwise you keep using different products and end up with a lab experiment and stains.

I've used that Dr. Bronners liquid soap on my carpet. Add some water to make it foam better and scrub with a brush. Towel dry. I used Peppermint. Worked great on my beige carpet.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJune 20, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
shopping for cleaners
Buying Energine Cleaner
🎉
🎄