Browsing: Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard and Home

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

How long before you can let your dogs outside, after a pravo outbreak? I have bleached my yard twice, and my other 2 dogs were all updated on shots prior to the outbreak.

The puppy who had pravo was taken to another house for treatment, plus I have bleached my house twice.

By tara102 from OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Is this 100% effective do you know?

no

Bleach definetly. Now Parvo can live in the soil for up to 20yrs yes its amazing. Cold or fresh humid areas are its best friend. On puppies im using the 1 egg and pedyalite blend. To keep them hydrated n help the stomach linings restore. I made the mistake of putting their shots too young barely 6wks. Its recommended to do it by 8wks. When their bodies are stronger

August 22, 2009 Flag

How do you bleach the backyard for a parvo pup?

Rachel from TX

Answers:

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

Actually I could save everyone a lot of money. Just get online and search for parvo guard. It's pretty expensive, but my German Shepard was on her death bed. We got some of that with next day shipping, and within a week, she was completely better. (10/19/2008)

By Josh

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

Bleach works for everything except the yard. For the yard use Shacklee Basic G, it kills the Parvo and it's all natural, so it doesn't harm the ground or grass. (04/15/2009)

By John4309

April 7, 2008 Flag

How long do I have to bleach my property for parvo until it's officially gone.

Kyriann from Graham

Answers:

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

When in doubt, ask the vet. (08/21/2006)

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

The Parvo vaccine is not at all expensive and will sure help out in the case of an outbreak. There is no reason for this disease to take the lives of these animals. (08/21/2006)

By Sue

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

We had started parvo vaccine on 6 boxer puppies. Mom had her full series. They still got parvo. My husband was told by our vet that since he delivers for ups, he had probably walked through an infected yard and brought it home to our group. We had 3 puppies come down with parvo, all of them made it but it cost us over $1500 to do it. They had already had their first shot. Sometimes you just can't help it. We bleached our yard once , that was at the vets request. John never again walked into our back yard without first removing his shoes.

(08/21/2006)

By johnsonya@cox.net

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

We just had a Parvo outbreak in all the strays that we pick up, as a shelter. The vet told us bleach, but, no, it does not work.. We had to burn the contents of what was in the pens outside and did this a couple of times , now we have no problem. But, extreme heat is the only way to rid your grounds of Parvo. We are licensed through the humane asso. so we have to be very careful of our pens. (08/22/2006)

By Megan's mom

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

Just yesterday I lost my 6-week-old puppy to Parvo and now I am a bleaching fool. I called my vet to find out how to get rid of it throughout my home and yard and this is what I was told. You need to bleach everything in a 1:30 part bleach to water mixture. Wash all floors, furniture and concrete. (IE porches, side walk things of that nature). Also use 50/50 water bleach mixture in your yard. Once everything is bleached the Parvovirus is killed off. But please don't bring another puppy into your home or yard for 6 months to a year. Also to disinfect your clothing from parvo bleach everything that you can bleach, then with colored clothes you can use 1 cap full of bleach (the one that comes on the bottle) or you can use distilled vinegar to disinfect them completely. I know this works very good! (02/07/2007)

One more thing.... to make sure that other people that enter your home is not bringing in more parvo from the unknown put a shoe box size rubbermaid container outside your door and do the 1 part bleach 30 parts water in it. Then have everyone that comes to your home dip their shoes in it... Just to be on the safe side! Good luck! (02/07/2007)

By Desi

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

To the lady that said the extreme heat kills it and I can say that it isn't true because I live in the south and where I had my kennel was very hot and it didn't kill the virus. (04/02/2007)

By Tommy

Bleaching To Get Rid of Parvo

You can also use GSE (Grape Seed Extract). It's a 100% Natural cleaner made from Grapefruit Seeds...Sold under the name-brand of "Nutribiotic". Nutribiotic can be taken orally for infections & the like or used topically if diluted. But the product you'll want is a stronger form of GSE called "Citricidal"...(Used to disinfect Hospitals & the like)

Read more about GSE & Nutribiotic here:

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/citricidal.htm

*** IMPORTANT: Please use care if you have a Liver disease of any kind... GSE may be natural, but it can enter through your skin & affect your liver. That is, ONLY if you have any liver problems. If you're healthy, Don't Worry About it, Just use care as you would with ANY non-natural cleaners or bleach... (05/05/2007)

By Cyinda

June 24, 2005 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Puppy Running in Yard
Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard and Home
Pets AdviceAugust 22, 2009
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 7:04:00 AM on 10.0.2.251 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.