Reheating Leftovers In The Crockpot

I had a lot of small containers of leftovers after Thanksgiving; and wanted to heat everything at once but didn't have enough pans to do the job. I took real Mason (canning jars) and put the individual foods into each jar and put broth (water would be fine) and meat in the bottom of the crockpot around the jars (not touching each other). I put the crockpot on low and went out to church. When I came home, my dinner was ready! Wish I had thought of this years ago. Now I will heat leftovers this way often.

What an outstanding idea! Thanks for letting us all know about this...with it being only my husband and myself now our 6 qt. crock pot gets very little use, BUT now because of this tried and true IDEA of yours "it" will come back out this Sunday and so will my 1 pint jars.

Paula Jo Carr

Mebane, NC

I agree, terrific idea! One that will be used in my house and I can't wait to here others when they see this. I'll tell them it was from Sheila on Thrifty fun!

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversDecember 8, 2006
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
Reheating Pancakes
Reheating Pancakes
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes