Craft: Sling For Carrying Fire Wood

Our wood stove is down a flight of stairs to our living room area. We were always sweeping the steps after carrying wood in, because of bark, leaf, and twigs dropping. So, I decided to sew a "sling" for my husband to carry the wood in. I just used old farmer jeans, cut the good parts of the legs out, made it double thick (about 2 feet wide, by 4 feet long), sewed a jean strap continuously across it to make the handles, and it works great! My husband had me make two already.

By harder3 from El Dorado, KS

I made one of these from fabric samples, they work great, next one will be with jeans material, Thanks!

A fire burning in a fireplace.
Fireplace Tips
Crafts SewingDecember 15, 2010
LIttle BOy Looking in the Mirror at his Fire Fighter Costume
Making a Fire Fighter Costume
Fire Wood Carrier
Making a Fire Wood Carrier
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
🎉
🎄