Dryer Not Getting Hot

I just replaced the heating element in my dryer but it still won't heat (drum rotates, just no heat). Any ideas what could be wrong?

By momof4Ks from MO

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Most dryers have a cycling thermostat in them it keeps the dryer from getting too hot if it goes out it will not heat. Also have some one make sure you are getting 220 from the outlet - dryers will run on 110 but not heat.

I would say it is the thermostat.

Answer

My dryer isn't getting hot anymore. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? I'm guessing there is something wrong with the heating element. Any tips or helpful info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Angela from Florida

Dryer Not Getting Hot

I had the very same problem with my dryer, it just wouldn't dry the clothes no matter how long I set the timer.

Trapped lint is stopping your dryer from doing its job. Remove the tubing at the back of your dryer and clean out starting at the dryer and leading out of the house. Once that is all clean and free from lint, you shouldn't have any problems with your clothes drying. Also clean out your lint screen every time you run your dryer. Throw 1-2 clean bath towels in with your wet laundry and it speeds up the drying time. (04/14/2008)

By MCW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing DryersSeptember 8, 2009
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 12:41:17 PM on 10.0.2.216 in 652 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.