Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dryer Not Getting Hot

I just replaced the heating element in my dryer but it still won't heat (drum rotates, just no heat). Any ideas what could be wrong?

By momof4Ks from MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Colleen Stuchal [4]09/11/2009

I would say it is the thermostat.

By Angel McDowell [2]09/08/2009

Most dryers have a cycling thermostat in them it keeps the dryer from getting too hot if it goes out it will not heat. Also have some one make sure you are getting 220 from the outlet - dryers will run on 110 but not heat.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dryer Not Getting Hot

My dryer isn't getting hot anymore. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix? I'm guessing there is something wrong with the heating element. Any tips or helpful info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Angela from Florida

RE: Dryer Not Getting Hot

I had the very same problem with my dryer, it just wouldn't dry the clothes no matter how long I set the timer.

Trapped lint is stopping your dryer from doing its job. Remove the tubing at the back of your dryer and clean out starting at the dryer and leading out of the house. Once that is all clean and free from lint, you shouldn't have any problems with your clothes drying. Also clean out your lint screen every time you run your dryer. Throw 1-2 clean bath towels in with your wet laundry and it speeds up the drying time. (04/14/2008)

By MCW