Getting Stains Out Of White Shirts

By michele walker 1

How can I get rid of suit dye on a white shirt sleeve?

By Michele

By Rita Murray 1 26 Flag

My mother and I use peroxide for most stains on white shirts. My husband backed into someone with cheese cake and ended up getting his sleeve full of berry juice. I put a little peroxide on it (after it was dried) and rubbed it together. It all came out. We have done this with many other stains, including blood.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Getting Stains Out Of White Shirts

My husband is an avid fisherman and his favorite color of shirt to wear when fishing is white. As you can probably imagine, his shirts get pretty grimy. They usually come clean by spraying them with Spray and Wash prior to washing, but that did not work on his white tournament shirt. I tried everything. The stains didn't even fade. I fought the stains for a solid week.

Then my mother-in-law told me to spray the stained areas with Spray and Wash, then make a paste of Spray and Wash and Oxiclean and put the paste on the stains. I did this and left it overnight. The next morning the stains were gone.

I now use this on all stains. It has gotten out every stain I have tried it on. Even old stains. I use it on colors or whites and haven't had a problem with fading.

Just thought I'd pass this on in case someone is battling a stain like I was.

By 573dld from MO

Feedback:

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 7, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 3:08:43 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings