Getting Stains Out Of White Shirts

How can I get rid of suit dye on a white shirt sleeve?

By Michele

Answers

My mother and I use peroxide for most stains on white shirts. My husband backed into someone with cheese cake and ended up getting his sleeve full of berry juice. I put a little peroxide on it (after it was dried) and rubbed it together. It all came out. We have done this with many other stains, including blood.

Answer

My husband is an avid fisherman and his favorite color of shirt to wear when fishing is white. As you can probably imagine, his shirts get pretty grimy. They usually come clean by spraying them with Spray and Wash prior to washing, but that did not work on his white tournament shirt. I tried everything. The stains didn't even fade. I fought the stains for a solid week.

Then my mother-in-law told me to spray the stained areas with Spray and Wash, then make a paste of Spray and Wash and Oxiclean and put the paste on the stains. I did this and left it overnight. The next morning the stains were gone.

I now use this on all stains. It has gotten out every stain I have tried it on. Even old stains. I use it on colors or whites and haven't had a problem with fading.

Just thought I'd pass this on in case someone is battling a stain like I was.

By 573dld from MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 7, 2010
Applying Ink
Custom Homemade Screen Printed T-Shirts
White T-Shirt
Cleaning Yellow Stains on White T-Shirts
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 13, 2016 at 8:37:19 PM on 10.0.1.18 in 257 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.