Reupholstering Wicker Furniture

I found a nice old wicker couch someone had thrown out. It needs new cushion covers. It also only has the arms and back in wicker while the whole base is also upholstered. I will need to remove the cloth from the body of the couch but never have done this before. If anyone who has done this sort of thing who could give me pointers, I'd appreciate it. What tools do I need? Brand names? I wonder if an electric staple gun would be a good idea? Thanks to all.

A.Papaya from Satellite Beach, Florida

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have reupholstered a couch before - I won't do it again. The amount of work and frustration involved about did me in (and my husband, kids, and pets!). But, here are a few suggestions. Start with good fabric. Get advice from your local fabric store, and don't go cheap - you DO NOT want to do this again. Having a good staple gun will help. If you are covering cushions, use the old covers as patterns, but make the new one about one inch smaller around - the new fabric will stretch a little.

You may just want to invest in a nice fitted cover.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingJune 18, 2006
Wicker Furniture
Waterproofing Wicker Furniture
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Painted Wicker Chair
Painting Wicker Furniture
cat on a wicker chair
Repairing Cat Scratches on Wicker Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:57:51 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.