Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Pet Hair Detangler

0 0EmailFollow
cocker spaniel

Long and medium haired pets can get tangles in their fur. You can save money on pet products by making your own pet hair detangler. This is a guide about homemade pet hair detangler.

Here are questions related to Homemade Pet Hair Detangler.

Question: Homemade Detangler For Dogs

fluffy white dogI am thinking of adopting a Bichon Frise that has some mats in its coat. I need to know what is the best kind of shampoo and conditioner/detangler to use on her. The current owner has had the dog only 3 or 4 weeks, and used Dawn dish soap for her bath and no conditioner that I know of.

She isn't able to afford vet care or grooming either. I would like the dog, but am afraid the coat is too much to care for, unless there is possibly a budget friendly conditioner/detangler i could make at home. Also, is baby shampoo ph acceptable for dogs?

Pam from Martinsville, IN

Most Recent Answer

By Pat (Guest Post)10/01/2008

I have a Bichon and have him groomed quarterly, using pet products for home grooming. This little dog is the most expressive and loving dog I have ever had. I love all my dogs but this one (given to me because his former owner no longer wanted him) is a little sweetie.

Question: Pet Hair Detangler

I have a 7 month old Shih Tzu. My pet's hair seems to be very dry and is tangling up a lot. Any suggestions?

By Roberta

Most Recent Answer

By KaytleeJ12/16/2011

A little conditioner or a wide tooth comb will help (like people use!). If you need to use a fish oil pill ( it will make fur smooth and easy to manage and stronger too! and fix any dry skin problems). My mom gives her little Pom a Petite Omega 3 ( Packenzie?) - she has no trouble taking it.

Solutions: Homemade Pet Hair Detangler

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!