Homemade Pet Hair Detangler

Long and medium haired pets can get tangles in their fur. You can save money on pet products by making your own pet hair detangler. This is a guide about homemade pet hair detangler.

cocker spaniel
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

fluffy white dogI am thinking of adopting a Bichon Frise that has some mats in its coat. I need to know what is the best kind of shampoo and conditioner/detangler to use on her. The current owner has had the dog only 3 or 4 weeks, and used Dawn dish soap for her bath and no conditioner that I know of.

She isn't able to afford vet care or grooming either. I would like the dog, but am afraid the coat is too much to care for, unless there is possibly a budget friendly conditioner/detangler i could make at home. Also, is baby shampoo ph acceptable for dogs?

Pam from Martinsville, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a Bichon and have him groomed quarterly, using pet products for home grooming. This little dog is the most expressive and loving dog I have ever had. I love all my dogs but this one (given to me because his former owner no longer wanted him) is a little sweetie.

Read More Answers...

I have a 7 month old Shih Tzu. My pet's hair seems to be very dry and is tangling up a lot. Any suggestions?

By Roberta

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A little conditioner or a wide tooth comb will help (like people use!). If you need to use a fish oil pill ( it will make fur smooth and easy to manage and stronger too! and fix any dry skin problems). My mom gives her little Pom a Petite Omega 3 ( Packenzie?) - she has no trouble taking it.

Read More Answers...
Pets GroomingMay 4, 2013
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
A woman with tangled hair.
Homemade Hair Detangler
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 7:13:28 PM on 10.0.0.247 in 260 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.