Garden: Blue Iris

When I married my husband and moved here, his yard was a jungle of plants. Not being a gardener, my first inclination was to bulldoze the entire thing. Better judgment won out. I have cleaned some flower beds and have been rewarded with beauties, like this Lily of the Nile.

By Patricia

Editor's Note: We have corrected the title to correctly identify the flower as an iris.

Beautiful, but not a lily of the nile, it's an iris.

Thank you for correcting me. As I stated, I am not a gardener. A local gardener told me that was what it was, so I took his word for it. It looks different from the irises that are growing near it, so I suppose its a different species?

Thank you for the compliment, and I do appreciate the correction.

Photos GardenJune 17, 2010
Iris Photos
Iris Photos
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Miniature Iris (Dwarf Iris)
Growing Miniature Iris (Dwarf Iris)
Blue Delphinium
Blue Annuals
🎄
🍂