Pirate Ship Made from Recyclable Materials

How can I build a pirate ship with recyclable materials for kids?

Somya from Ottawa, Ontario

What size of a ship are you looking for? One they can use for their toys, or one the kids can play in themselves?

If you're looking for a pirate ship the kids can play in, check out this site:

http://www.mrmc  pirate-ship.aspx

I made one for a kids party a few years ago. I asked the appliance store for a refrigerator box, and they saved one for me.

You lay it on its side. Cut down the middle of each end from top to bottom, slash a bit along the bottom of the sides, and fold the ends into peaks like a prow of a boat. You could leave the back end square. With an empty roll from new carpet, you can stand it up with tape and use heavy cord or light rope to support it on the sides. This makes a mast. I didn't mess with a sail, but a sheet would be easy to rig up. I also cut a door in one side so they wouldn't break the sides down by climbing in and out. A pirate flag goes atop the mast, of course.

At the same party we had a treasure hunt with a map and clues. They found a box of gold covered chocolate coins. We also had rubber sword fights and I gave everyone an eye patch. I asked them to dress as pirates, and we had some pretty good outfits!

It is one of my more treasured memories.

Crafts Recycled CraftsJanuary 20, 2009
Bottle Propagator
Mini Greenhouses Using Recycled Materials
A handdrawn pirate treasure map.
Making a Pirate Map
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material, A box filled with packing peanuts.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material
completed egg carton ship
Making an Egg Carton Ship
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 8:19:46 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.