Texas Blue (Catahoula Leopard Dog)

Texas Blue is a 4 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog. Blue was wandering the streets and didn't know where she lived. She was a 4 month old "scared to death" puppy when we first saw her.

We went to her, picked her up, and put her in our fenced yard. We called every town shelter within a 50 mile radius looking for her owner to no avail. Finally, we took her to our vet to determine if she had an ID implant, but she didn't. With no collar or way to ID her, we kept her. That was 4 years ago.

The people next door have a bunny that they let run freely in their backyard. That rabbit and Blue have become fast friends. They run the length of the fence back and forth together.

Look closely at the picture. Catahoula Leopard Dogs have blue eyes (hence the name) and often have a crackled eye; which is an eye that has a small black portion, that runs from the eye into the fur.

By Kenneth S.

Poor baby. I'm so glad you found and were able to keep her. I don't know much about the breed, but she looks like a nice big dog now.

Thanks for sharing her with us.

MisMachado

This type of dog is amazing! I love them! I am so happy he has a friend in the next yard to run and play along the fence with! I had a foster baby that was that breed predominantly, and I had never heard of it before. I still remember that darling pup. You have made all the difference to Texas Blue. It is people like you, who take the time, money, effort and give the love and care that is needed, that change the world for the better, one dog at a time.

Thank you for sharing Texas Blue!

Blessings,

Robyn

Catahoula dog outdoors.
Catahoula Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 30, 2011
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Leopard Print Key Ring
Making a Leopard Print Key Ring
Texas Brownie
Texas Brownie Recipes
Blue Heeler
Blue Heeler Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄