AdviceSkin Care

Remedy for Skin Damaged by Apricot Scrub

I guess I over-exfoliated or did it too roughly. I have sensitive skin that is more delicate now that I am 39. After doing this, I can now see all the pores and it almost looks like there are small tears or scars or something where too much skin was rubbed off.

I only used an apricot scrub once and I was pretty gentle. Will new skin grow back over and seal my pores again? Will these indentations heal? Man, I will not do that again.

I do not want to use vitamin E as it will clog pores and I have tried a honey mask several times. The pores are not large or stretched at all, I just could never see them before. As, for these tears or whatever, I do not want them to cause wrinkles! I am using aloe vera presently. Healing time? If ever? Ideas? Thanks.

By Lisa

Yes, certainly your skin will heal back. Why wouldn't it? Just be gentle with your face in the future.

This is from an esthetician board on how bad Apricot Scrub is for you skin. You can read the other posts where they discuss it. I picked this one post for the info not the product she is promoting!

"Oh my...stop having them use Apricot Scrub its the worst. As everyone else has mentioned all the damage it causes on your skin. I use an amazing product called crystal ball from Beauty Society (formerly known as Intuit Beauty) This product is made with volcanic microcrystals, green tea extract, chamomile, licorice and an array of exotic oils. If you care for any samples or would like to order any, please contact me or see my website."

http://www.inde … icot-Scrub/t9134

This is another post from the board. I hope you read the feedback there! "This product microscopically tears the skin, that means you cannot see the damage that is being done! You may be too young to see the damage now, but it will eventually show. It's OK to use a scrub, in face it is recommended that you do, but choose one which doesn't use ground up pits! Try something with Jojoba bead, or something else that it entirely spherical. You'll be glad later on that you did. And a scrub should only be used no more than 3 times a week."

If you're gentle with your skin, it should heal fine. Don't scrub again for a while, continue moisturizing (even though it's summer) and try to keep sun off your face for a while.