Clear Iodine

I am trying to find "white iodine" and am having nothing but problems. Any ideas?

By Donna

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

It took me forever to find it, but I went to a grocery store. It might have been a drugstore in my Latino section of town and finally found some.

However, Walgreens offered to order it for me, so that's the way I wish I had gone instead of looking all over the city for it.

Good luck!

I have ordered white iodine from both Walmart and Sam's Club pharmacies in Woodbridge, VA

Try any of the stores in your area that have pharmacies. My local K-Mart pharmacy has placed special orders for me.

You can find it in Amazon.com, SanarHealth.com and some pharmaciest have it behind the counter. The best brand I found was De La Cruz.

They have the white iodine on Amazon.com.

Answer

Both of my thumb nails have deep horizontal ridges on them that look terrible. I bite my nails and fingers all the time, but my other nails do not have these ridges. I was told I could use white iodine, but cannot find it at Walmart or Walgreen's. Any suggestions? Thanks.

By Debbie from Memphis, TN

Clear Iodine

I used to get it from Rite Aid, Harris Teeter, and Dollar General. It is clear only on skin. If it gets on clothing, counter tops, etc. It will leave a brown stain. (03/30/2010)

By perfume and powder

Clear Iodine

Before trying any home remedies on the horizontal lines on your nails, please see a doctor; horizontal lines on the nails can often be a sign of illness.

Check this link: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003247.htm

(03/31/2010)

By PupperMom

Clear Iodine

It's called de-colorized iodine and it will stain. If you get peroxide on top of it on your fingers, it will turn like regular iodine. I've used it for many years for the lines. (03/31/2010)

By c t

Clear Iodine

I found some at rite-aid pharmacy. They call it white iodine. (04/01/2010)

By sickandsexy

Clear Iodine

Please do a little checking around on line--earthclinic.com is very good. Generally ridges in nails mean some sort of exposure to toxicity--water, food, accidental poisoning, mineral deficiency. If it is indeed an iodine deficiency (are you tired, losing hair, or any other signs of low thyroid?), then just painting regular old iodine on your skin can be tremendously helpful. (Please look up iodine painting on earthclinic.com.)

Good luck! (04/01/2010)

By Gina J.

Clear Iodine

I just purchased some from my Grocery Pharmacy. However it is now behind the Pharmacy counter. He said it is now being used in making Meth. I also tried to purchase it at Wal-Mart and was told that they no longer carry it due to the Meth problem. You have to ask for it. (04/06/2010)

By Danialle

Clear Iodine

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question. I have ordered some online and am awaiting it. I have painted some on my stomach daily since Gina gave me the earthclinic website. It stayed on my body but faded to almost nothing. Since doing this I actually feel better and can notice a slight change in the ridges in my thumbs (can't believe it).

Thanks again for all your help, folks! (04/07/2010)

By sissymis

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where can I find clear iodine? I have looked in just about every store in our town and no one has it.

Lynn from Big Stone Gap, VA

Clear Iodine

Did you try a health store? Maybe call your doctor's office and ask them where to purchase. (03/11/2009)

By Deeli

Clear Iodine

I used to use clear iodine to help my fingernails grow stronger and it works wonderfully. I would go to a drug store and ask the pharmacist. I have gotten it that way for years. Hope it works out for you. (03/11/2009)

By sassier299

Clear Iodine

The Sam's Club Pharmacist ordered a bottle for me in January 2009. I bought my first bottle two or three years ago, on eBay (which the seller got from Mexico) after reading about it helping soft problem fingernails in Heloise's Hints in the newspaper.

My fingernails at the time were very soft and and would peel off in layers like nail polish. The white iodine worked a miracle on them. I used it every day for a week and then once a week for a month and now only once a month. Heloise did not recommend using it every day after the first week due to it making the nails too brittle. It's also known as white iodine or colorless iodine in case you try to check it out on Google, eBay, or Amazon. (03/11/2009)

By Kathryen

Clear Iodine

I ask for it in my Walgreen Pharmacy and they order it. It is not a stock item as there is little use for it. (03/11/2009)

By Angellface

Clear Iodine

Same thing here, at both Walgreen's and CVS you must ask for Colorless Iodine at the pharmacy counter. It is not out on the store shelves. (03/12/2009)

By SieraStar

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 10, 2010
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Close Up of Handwriting
Handwriting Tips
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:18:25 AM on 10.0.1.167 in 724 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.