Storing Window Blind Cords

Does anyone have a clever way to store pull cords on window blinds? They are driving me nuts.

By Ann from Tipp City, OH

This what I did. I bought some Command hooks made by 3M Co. available at Wall Mart, Home Depot Target and hardware stores. They come in various configurations. The are adhesive back but when you want to remove them they come off very easy and leave no residue. i stuck them on the molding next to the window and wrap the cords around them. There may be other ideas but this work good for me.

Try using some small prescription bottles to store the cords. The only problem is in trying to put the cap back on the bottle.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys are awesome!

I use little tiny "hair claws". They are available at most Dollar Stores and flea markets. I roll up the cord and pinch it together with the claw (on one side of the loop) up high enough where you don't have to look at it if you don't want to. Usually I just pinch it to the curtain. VOILA! out of sight until I need to unclip it to lower the blind. Slightly larger "mini claws" work for the phone cord on my desk, extra lengths of lamps cords, etc. The teeny claws come in all kinds of cute figures. (you have seen them holding up tender plant stems, such as orchids).

P.S. On other windows I've simply stuck a clear or white(or your choice of color) push-pin out of sight up high next to the molding and loop the extra cord over that.

If you're talking about venetian blinds I just loosely fold the cords and gently tuck them in between a couple of upper slats of the non-rolled up portion of the blinds. I do that every morning and it doesn't cost a penny and it doesn't look goofy either ;-)

Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsOctober 29, 2009
Blind Dog
Caring for a Blind Dog
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
TV with hidden cords.
Hiding Electric Cords
Storing Extension Cords
Storing Extension Cords
🎄