Removing White Out From Wood - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Removing White Out From Wood

I have a wood counter base, and I spilled whiteout on how do I get it off?

KM

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Spray on some WD-40, let it sit, and scrape off lightly.

Thank you! Thank you! I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't get the white off my kids were using from a granite countertop and concrete table. The WD-40 wiped it right off!

THIS DID NOT WORK HAHAHA I JUST USED NAIL POLISH REMOVER RUBBING ALCOHOL AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND BAKING SODA AND THEN LET IT SIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES. THEN I VACUUMED IT UP FOR 20 MINUTES AND IT CAME RIGHT UP NO NEED FOR WD-40!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have a home office and I'd mistakenly grabbed a bottle of White Out thinking it was my Visine eye drops (the bottles were side by side on my desk). I got very distracted just as I was grabbing for my eyedrops. I ended up dumping the whole bottle (yes, the WHOLE bottle) of White out ALL OVER MY FACE, my lips, tongue, teeth, shirt, hands... desk.... computer keyboard, rather putting the Visine eyedrops in my eyes. What a blooming mess! Fortunately, I just missed my eyeball!!! I felt it (what I thought was the Visine) running down my face and wondered why it was so thick. So when I looked in my hands and saw the empty bottle of White Out in one hand and the little brush attached to the top in the other (yes, not unusal because I always hold the top of the Visine bottle in my left hand while I pull my lbottom eyelid down to pour the drops in my eye from the bottle in my right hand)... and felt it running everywhere, I couldn't believe what I'd done! My first reaction was to freak out big time! Then the reality of what I'd done set in! My windows happened to be open and I was laughing so incredibly hard at the stupidity of it all that my neighbors heard me and came out to make sure I was OK. LOL We were all laughing at how ridiculously silly I looked until I/we realized NOTHING was taking it off... not soap/water, fingernail polish remover, terpentine... NOTHING! I thought I'd have to become a hermit in my own home until I read your post about WD40. IT WORKED! However, because I literally had to wash my face, arms, hands, et with the WD40... I had to hop in the shower fast so as to NOT OD on the vapors. LOL Although I'm not a mannequin and therefore don't have a WOOD face, I thank you for the advice..... because I can now face the world again... WHITE OUT FREE! LOL True story!!! Seriously! LOL LOL LOL

what is WD 40 and WHERE CAN I GET IT FROM?

My daughter just exploded a bottle of whiteout on her face and on her brand new Radio Head concert t-shirt. The shirt actually looks even cooler. She had to physically scrub the whiteout off of her cheek. A little aloe vera and now she is fine. Thanks for the tips and for the story above...she feels a little better knowing she isn't the only pale face. :-) Liz

Goobegone works great.

I used Goo Gone on my spilled white-out and it worked AMAZINGLY. Just put some on a paper towel or rag and it comes off like magic!

Thank you so much for the solution to my problem! I used WD-40 and it worked like magic.

I know this sounds weird but if you just take the non-eraser end of an unsharpened pencil, and just scrap away. It sounds silly but it worked for us and it's very simple and doesn't take long.

wet the spot get something like a napkin or toilet paper then wipe it on the spot then scrap it with your nails or use a eraser a card/credit card of scrape it with scissors basically anything u just gotta wet it

it worked real well but not enough thank youthough

I just spilled white out on my floor I used a eraser it came off like magic

Goo Gone was the easiest way! White out has been sitting and dryed on the desk for months. Put goo gone on a napkin and it wiped off immedietly. Thank YOU!

Senior Shopper says: Goo Gone worked wonders!

Omg, you just saved my beautiful wood dining room table with this WD-40 advice!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 9, 2005
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 18, 2016 at 10:21:25 PM on 10.0.0.20 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.