Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

By sharon 1

How do you make a Knifty Knitter stocking?

By Sharon from FL

Comment

Archive: Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

I need help making the Large Christmas stocking. I got to the point where it tells me to wrap to the 15th peg Knit Off (I don't know what that means) and then wrap and knit back to peg one? Can anyone help me finish my heel in my sock

Karen

Feedback:

RE: Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

I don't have the pattern that you are using but I believe that "knit off" means to begin at the 15th peg and knit backwards to the first peg. That makes a short row. After you do this a few times, you will see that the tube you were knitting now has a bulge on one side, which is the heel forming.

I have made bed socks on a knifty knitter and this is how the heel is made. The short rows become shorter and then longer creating a bowl shaped bulge for the heel. Then you will be back to knitting the whole round again to complete the stocking. (10/30/2008)

By A Stanley

Crafts KnittingDecember 10, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:25:18 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings