Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

How do you make a Knifty Knitter stocking?

By Sharon from FL

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

I need help making the Large Christmas stocking. I got to the point where it tells me to wrap to the 15th peg Knit Off (I don't know what that means) and then wrap and knit back to peg one? Can anyone help me finish my heel in my sock

Karen

RE: Making Knifty Knitter Christmas Stocking

I don't have the pattern that you are using but I believe that "knit off" means to begin at the 15th peg and knit backwards to the first peg. That makes a short row. After you do this a few times, you will see that the tube you were knitting now has a bulge on one side, which is the heel forming.

I have made bed socks on a knifty knitter and this is how the heel is made. The short rows become shorter and then longer creating a bowl shaped bulge for the heel. Then you will be back to knitting the whole round again to complete the stocking. (10/30/2008)

By A Stanley