Scenery: Ukrainian Catholic Church (Winnipeg, Canada)

My best friend had a funeral service in the last Pioneer Style Ukrainian Catholic Church in Winnipeg. After the service I was able to take some pictures. When this came up I was mesmerized at how the light from the stained glass window highlighted the pattern of the orthodox cross in the cross-stitched drapery. the hand embroidered edging shows beautiful detail. It is now my standing memory of the beauty and peace of eternity.

By Carol

Awesome photo!

Thank you for the vivid description, and my condolences on your loss. I believe you said the occasion was your friend's funeral?

Thank you. I forgot to sign in when I submitted this. Yes he was a friend of forty tears and we had that unusual bod that transcended gender. This was my first experience at an Orthodox Ukrainian Catholic ceremony. It was half in the old language and then translated to English. The older people were so grateful for such a service.

I was honoured to have provided a suitable farewell.

Thank you so much for sharing your grief. I hope it was lightened for the sharing. God bless.

I must humbly thank you, Jo, for your recognition of my picture. I am happy that it shone through for you.

I remember reading your Ten answers for dealing with the blind. It should help many people understand more.

Solus, I'm just happy to help any way I can. Fostering understanding between the sighted and us blind folks seems to be my current mission. God bless.

Photos SceneryAugust 5, 2010
Planning a Church Brunch
Planning a Church Brunch
Church Tea
Church Harvest Tea Ideas
A girl celebrating Canada Day.
Celebrating Canada Day
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
🎄
🍂