Washing Machine Help! Cold Water Overflows The Machine And It Won't Run The Rinse Cycle.

I was hoping that someone will be able to help me with a problem that I'm experiencing with my washing machine.

First when the cold water is turned on in the back of the machine it continues to drip into the machine until it overflows. So I turn the valve off and only use the hot water.

Second when I wash a load of clothes the machine will go through all of the cycles except the rinse cycle. I have to go and advance it to the spin cycle by hand.

The machine is only 3 years old, but is no longer under warrenty. I've called several places that repairs washing machines but they wont give any advice over the phone. And they say that to just come out and look at it will cost $80.00. That does not include any repairs that needs to be made to the machine.

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Terry

try

http://www.repair2000.com

find your appliance, scroll down and you can ask a question.

Has helped me with all my appliances

My guess would be the timer needs to be replaced.

It might be possible to call the help line of the manufacturer or send an email to the help section of their website about the problem. My clothes dryer was having a problem one time and I called the help line, described the problem, and they were able to diagnose it. Fortunately it was something easily replaceable, so they sold me the part over the phone and sent it to me with detailed replacement instructions. Check your user's manual if you still have it...it might have contact/website info in it for the company.

I recently had a similar problem with my front load washer not going through the rinse/spin cycle. I had it repaired at $189 ($130 of that was labor!!) but it ended up being the water pump. You might want to check your local appliance parts store. I had to replace my washers door latch (this one I did myself) and I explained the problem I was having and he told me exactly what it was but I ended up paying someone to fix it. Hope this helps.

Another good site is http://www.repairclinic.com. I've fixed my washer twice with advice (and parts) from this site. It's very easy to use.

you can call sears and they will put it under warranty even if u did not buy it from them... it will cost you about 150 for the year, but it is worth it. we have had so many problems with ours, both washer and dryer, and we bought them from sears 5 yrs ago, i love them when they work.....but if we would have paid to have them fixed without the warranty we would be broke..... i was told once when we let it expire to have them put back under warranty then wait a week to call for an appointment....

I m going through the same problem , cold water over flows, did any one find out the reason, please update .

my washing machine won't run the rinse cycle. No water will run in. Can you tell me the problem.

Thanks,

Jessie

Well guys, I've had problems with my washers and dryers in the past and I've always found it more cost effective to just buy a new one (used if that is more affordable) than to get it repaired. I've picked up perfectly good appliances for free through classified ads but have to be careful with that and make sure you see it work before you bring it home. Anyway, there is a website I love and it is GREAT for help on issues like this www.doityourself.com. Put it in your favourites and I guarantee you'll go back to it again and again. I've gotten help from professionals with household repairs/appliance repairs/automotive....you name it. Good luck!

The water vale is not closing, so it drips. Also the washer needs cold water to rinse.

Two possible components that could be at fault here. In order of likelihood:

1: Water inlet valve is stuck open or otherwise bad.

2: Water level (pressure) switch is bad or clogged.

To tell the difference: A bad water valve will leak water (into the washer) even when the machine is completely unplugged from the wall. These valves aren't expensive and are usually quite easy to replace. Remove the old valve and inspect it; if it's not obviously clogged, replace it.

My washing machine is full of water but wont empty and door won't open.

Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersJanuary 15, 2005
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
Computer
Computer Won't Start in Cold Weather
🎉
🎄