Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Liquid Rollerball Pen Ink

I got ink from a liquid pen on my jeans. Nail polish remover isn't helping. Any advise?

By beechiegirl1953 [4]01/23/2011

If it is on your skin (for adults only), dab with straight bleach (or dilute a little) and keep dabbing until it is all gone. I just did this to remove a large amount of black gel ink from my hands and it worked instantly. Prior, I had tried nearly all of the other suggestions posted at various websites and none worked at all! This worked instantly.

By sudheer dwivedi (Guest Post)07/01/2008

I have got a spot of ink in my jeans. How can I remove? Give me any solution.

By Melissa (Guest Post)12/20/2007

How do you get pen ink out of hair?

By delores johnson (Guest Post)02/23/2007

I TOUCHED MY SELF WITH THE TIP OF A ROLLER BALL PEN AND ACCIDENTLY WASHED AND DRIED IT. IT IS PINK T SHIRT, IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME, PLEASE HELP, I REALLY LIKE THIS T SHIRT, THANKS, DELORES JOHNSON FROM TULSA- DELORESJOHNSON1945 AT SBCGLOBAL.NET

By Tanya (Guest Post)05/14/2006

My Husband is in the army so he always has to have a black ballpen on him at all times. One day he desided to do his own laundry but forgot to take out his pen that was in his sheet. He got it all over his VERY expensive clothing. I found out that Rubbing Alcohol and hair spray together work very well!

By Tanay (Guest Post)05/14/2006

By Tim (Guest Post)05/13/2005

Paper Mate ball point ink came out with 15 minutes of scrubing with warm water and dish or hand soap. Just keep spot treating with a drop of soap, scubbing with your nail or tooth brush and rinse. Repeat until the stain is visibly gone. Wash as usual. Thanks fo all the help removing my stain! ~Tim

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]01/03/2004

Removing ink depends on what it is made from. Some inks are water soluble, some of them aren't.

If hairspray, alcohol or nail polish remover won't remove the ink, it is probably water soluble. From what I've read some rollerball and gel inks are washable. Gel inks set up quickly and then become more difficult to remove.

The first thing to do in any case is treat the stain promptly.

If it is water soluble, use soap and warm water. If the stain has set, Goop or other hand cleaner can be rubbed into the stain with an old tooth brush. Let it set for a while, then launder. If this doesn't remove it but appears to be working, keep trying this until it is gone.

If it is non water soluble, treat it with alcohol or hair spray.

Permanent marker seems to react well to nail polish remover or Goo Gone.

Let us know how this works out.
-Susan