Removing Red Crayon from White Doily

My mom just got a beautiful doily from Ireland. I got a red drop of melted crayon on it. Every one is posting things about their kids leaving crayons in their pockets, but my question is referring to just a drop, on a white doily. Is there a difference? If you could respond ASAP, that would be amazing. My mom wants me to fix it.

Caroline from Seattle, WA

Wrap the doily in some plastic wrap and put in your freezer. Once the wax is hardered, you'll be able to carefully scrape or pull the piece of wax off. You also might want to try and rinse the spot in some peroxide. If the peroxide doesn't work and the stain remains, try some diluted bleach and water which will bleach out the stain. Make sure that you rinse out the doily well. You're very fortunate that it is white and not a colored doily.

It sounds beautiful!

If this doily is something you (and mom) cherish, don't do ANYTHING to it. Bring it in ASAP to the cleaners and they'll remove the crayon stain -- and the doily will be good as new.

Try rubbing a little cream hand cleaner into the crayon. Use the kind the guys use after working on their vehicles to remove grease. This works wonders. Be sure to launder afterward.

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricJanuary 9, 2008
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Coffee Filter Doily
Making a Coffee Filter Doily