August 13, 20072 found this helpful
Here's a cute tree ornament that is made from buttons, Popsicle sticks and a little ribbon.
Approximate Time 30 minutes
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- buttons ( or gems)
- Take 2 Popsicle sticks and form an x and glue where the two sticks connect.
- Take other 2 and form a + and glue where two sticks connect.
- Now take the x and the + and place on top of each other and glue where they connect.
- Take buttons or gems, poms poms, whatever you like and glue to Popsicle sticks. If you wanted to you can paint the Popsicle sticks before you begin.
- Take ribbon and glue a hoop and viola!, you have a cute ornament for the tree.
By Carol from MA
Read More Comments
By guest (Guest Post)
August 14, 20071 found this helpful
Dear Carole, This is a great ornament and easy for kids. I am a teacher and am always looking for simple Xmas ornaments for my students to make. We will surely be making these come November!
Thank you for sharing your idea with us,
Kids will enjoy making these cute craft stick ornaments that are so quick and easy to make. They are great to tie on packages too.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- jumbo craft stick
- white acrylic paint
- black acrylic paint
- orange acrylic paint
- paint brush
- black chenille stem
- scrap of ribbon or fabric
- craft glue
- gold thread or thin ribbon
- 3 craft sticks
- moveable eyes
- red pom pom
- green craft foam or construction paper
- small red beads
- scrap of ribbon or fabric
Instructions: For snowman:
paint top 1 inch portion of jumbo craft stick black for hat and let dry. Paint remainder of stick white and let dry. Dip the handle end of a small paint brush into black paint and dot on the eyes, mouth, and buttons down his "belly." Using a small paint brush and orange paint, paint on a carrot-shaped nose. Cut a piece of black chenille stem about 1 1/4 inches long and glue on to form the hat brim. Tie a piece of ribbon or fabric just below face to form a scarf. Glue in place. Make a small hole in top of "hat" and thread a piece of gold thread or piece of thin ribbon through the hole to form a hanger.
For reindeer: glue 2 craft sticks into a V shape. Glue the other craft stick horizontally over the top of the "V" about 1 inch down from the top of the "V." Glue a red pom pom at the point of the "V" to form the nose. Glue two wiggly eyes just below the horizontal stick. Cut holly leaves from green fun foam or construction paper and glue to center of horizontal stick. Glue red beads in the middle of the leaves to look like holly berries. Glue a scrap of ribbon or fabric to the back of the horizontal stick to form a hanger.
By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC
December 7, 20070 found this helpful
These are darling! I especially like the snowman! Is it possible you could send a close-up, more detailed photo of the snowman? Thanks for sharing, Debbie