Share Crafts

Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament

Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament

Here's a cute tree ornament that is made from buttons, popsicle sticks and a little ribbon.

Approximate Time 30 minutes

• 4 Popsicle sticks
  • glue
  • buttons ( or gems)
  • ribbon

1. Take 2 Popsicle sticks and form an x and glue where the two sticks connect.
  2. Take other 2 and form a + and glue where two sticks connect.
  3. Now take the x and the + and place on top of each other and glue where they connect.
  4. Take buttons or gems, poms poms, whatever you like and glue to Popsicle sticks. If you wanted to you can paint the Popsicle sticks before you begin.
  5. Take ribbon and glue a hoop and viola!, you have a cute ornament for the tree.

Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament

By Carol from MA

By suzanne 278 750 08/13/2007

OH WOW !! this is adorable

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Ziggee 220 08/13/2007

I love these and they look so easy to make. Thanks for the instructions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Ruth Kennedy 6 208 08/13/2007

these look adorable..thanx for sharing and this will make a great Christmas present or bazaars for school

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lisa (Guest Post) 08/14/2007

Dear Carole, This is a great ornament and easy for kids. I am a teacher and am always looking for simple Xmas ornaments for my students to make. We will surely be making these come November!
Thank you for sharing your idea with us,

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Anna 2 08/22/2007

Oh yeah, I'm inspired. How about dipping the popsicle sticks in dye or food colouring and letting them dry first to introduce some background colour. I'm sure there's room for some glitter or tinsel here too.

What a great simple idea!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment