Wooden Cabinet Stained My Carpet

The carpeting got wet under a cheap, "wooden" bookcase and became stained. I'm guessing it's some sort of wood stain, although the cabinet is laminate over particle board. I've tried a carpet shampooer but it didn't even lighten. I was thinking of diluted bleach next; I've got nothing to lose. Any suggestions? It's carpeting over padding over a concrete basement floor.

Lisa from St. Louis, MO

I have found that putting a straight solution of hydrogen peroxide works well for removing just about any type stain from my carpet without damaging the carpet.

Pour it straight on the stain then brush the area briskly with a toothbrush until you see the stain disappear. Use a damp sponge or a steamer over the area and let dry.

I think this will actually work! I tried just a little area and it did lighten. I'll have to get more peroxide and I'll let you know how it works. THANKS!

I have found Mean green in the spray bottle will get out just about anything and not ruin your cloth.

You might want to try it on a smal area first and if it works well enough do the whole stain.

You might try paint thinner/turpintine. Test a small area closest to the wall, perhaps.

Wet a white/light coloured cleaning cloth with paint thinner.

Gently press the wet cloth on the test spot of carpet. Do not rub , keep wetting and pressing until the stain fades.

When it has faded sufficiently, take a clean cloth, some carpet shampoo (do not dilute with water), and repeat the same process using the shampoo.

KEEP THE AREA YOU ARE WORKING IN, WELL VENTILATED......

Good Luck

Oxi clean will do it.

Good luck Hedera!

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetOctober 28, 2008
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
🎄
🍂