Lemon Essential Oil for a Room Freshener

One of the best room fresheners I have used is lemon essential oil. I bought a small bottle for under $5 at the health food store. It seems pricey but a very little bit goes a long way. Instead of using toxic air/room sprays or gels in the bathroom I simply dip a cotton swab into the essential oil and apply the oil inside the cardboard T.P. roll. Whenever you pull T.P. off the roll, you smell lemons. I also swab the oil inside the garbage can lids so you smell lemons when opened instead of garbage. Any scent would work but I like lemon essential oil for its uplifting "clean" smell. I also use it to scent my homemade cleaning products as well as a few drops mixed with water in my oil burner. You can also make a great linen spray id you dilute the oil in water in a clean spray bottle.

By Tracey from Duluth, MN

I use the lemon and eucalyptus essential oil as my bathroom spray. I add about 6-10 drops to a fancy spray bottle that I'd put warm water in. I like it much better than smelling 'apple pie' in the bathroom!

Essential oils are great for cleaning, too. Tea tree with a little vinegar makes a great disinfectant. But BEWARE - essential oils can be fatal to cats. Even over time, it can hurt them. So, be careful if you have kitties!

Instead of cotton balls, I use cheap kitty litter. The no frills kind. We keep a large container of it in the garage to absorb oil spills.

I dilute a few drops of essential oil in a little bit of water and sprinkle it over a handfull of litter. It soaks up the liquid like a sponge, and after it dries, holds it's scent for a looong time.

For those who haven't used it, essential oil is very different from fragrance oil. Essential oil is extremely concentrated, a pure essence, and a few drops go a very long way.

Lemon is also my favorite for anything used in the bathroom. I use bergamot in the bedroom as an air freshner. I also make sachets for drawers with a little scented litter sealed in envelopes. Oil of wintergreen is my old, all purpose standby for getting rid of odors.

I also use essential oil in little oil burners, although I dilute a drop in bland cooking oil. I funnel some cooking oil into a little bottle, add a drop of the good stuff and shake. Keeps a long time if it's tightly capped and kept out of direct light.

Never thought of the toilet paper roll idea. I just took a small envelope sachet off a shelf in my linen closet and stuffed it in the roll. Thanks for the great idea.

Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
Homemade Air Fresheners
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 13, 2007
Lemon Oil
Cleaning With Lemon Oil
Plugged in air freshener
Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
🎉
🎄